A cover Letter and Resume are required to apply.
Build in Tulsa Background:
The mission of Build in Tulsa is to close the racial wealth gap in America by catalyzing multi-generational Black wealth through tech and entrepreneurship. Build in Tulsa is dedicated to providing Black entrepreneurs with the human, social, and financial capital needed for success in commercializing new products and services into the marketplace. Central to our work is our network of accelerators including ACT Tulsa, Lightship and Techstars, designed to meet underrepresented Black and Brown entrepreneurs wherever they are in their journey. Build in Tulsa helps entrepreneurs build skills, build networks, and build capital to take their businesses to the next level. Build in Tulsa is providing a suite of services including training and workshops to get founders accelerator-ready, mentoring and networking events to introduce entrepreneurs to each other as well as strategic partners, and connecting entrepreneurs to potential sources of capital. Build in Tulsa is also addressing some of the barriers that many Black entrepreneurs face by providing free coworking space, cost of living assistance, funding for technology and other microgrants.
Build in Tulsa Team Values:
Innovation: Taking a forward-thinking approach to how BIT operates to uniquely support our community.
Resilience: Adapting quickly and evolving continuously to ensure that BIT will endure and thrive beyond whatever we may encounter in an unknown tomorrow.
Collaboration: Being a partner to our Black entrepreneur and business community, whether that means mentor, supporter, side-by-side problem solver, idea bouncer, connection maker, or whatever else it takes to help them succeed.
Respect: Honoring the history that BIT is rooted in, and honoring the intelligence, hard work, and dedication that each BIT community member puts into building their business.
Build in Tulsa is looking for a detail-oriented, passionate, taskmaster that wants to dedicate their organizing skills to empowering Black entrepreneurs in Tulsa. Build in Tulsa’s mission is to build the infrastructure for multi-generation Black wealth creation through entrepreneurship and business. We’re committed to the legacy of Black Wall Street and we want to make Tulsa the epicenter of Black business, wealth, and innovation once again. Your role would provide crucial support for Build in Tulsa programming, helping execute workshops, training, and seminars to provide entrepreneurs with the skills and networks they need for success. You can be a part of a close-knit team, working in a fast-paced environment, executing a big vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and schedule potential speakers, workshop leaders, instructors, judges, etc. for Build in Tulsa programming, including, but not limited to: Startup School, Female Founders Pitch Night, Speaker series, Fireside chats, and more.
- Coordinate program materials including drafting briefs, worksheets, and other collateral materials for Build in Tulsa programs.
- Conduct post-program evaluation and follow-up in coordination with the Programs Lead, monitoring data collection, and summarizing key insights from program evaluation for Build in Tulsa leadership and team.
- Collect stories of impact from Build in Tulsa entrepreneurs and others in the Build in Tulsa network for use on the web, social, and e-newsletter.
- Coordinate and execute Build in Tulsa’s entrepreneurs-in-residence program, including applications, screening, and placement for free co-working financial assistance office space.
- Proficient in database management
- Coordinate with events and marketing coordinator to manage programming event logistics including booking venues, catering, A/V, photography/videography, speakers, décor and additional vendors.
- Assist in facility set-up and breakdown for programs and events.
- Attend Build in Tulsa events and help represent the organization and its mission.
- Manage data and CRM systems to provide comprehensive and up to date entrepreneur information including tracking of notes, documents, milestones, and other important information.
- Track programming development via Asana and keep the Build in Tulsa team abreast of event developments.
- Manage and track expenses for Build in Tulsa programming.
- Provide hospitality to entrepreneurs in residence.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Build in Tulsa partners and throughout the tech ecosystem.
- Task oriented
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- At least an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of programming experience
- Experience working with entrepreneurs or having been an entrepreneur
- Experience managing a CRM or other database
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to juggle several projects and assignments at once.
- Highly adept at personal and professional relationship management and can handle a crisis with a smile
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends
- Experience with Gmail, Google Docs, Asana, Slack, and Eventbrite
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs., for lifting supplies and materials, as needed
- Position continually requires the ability to talk and hear both in person and over the phone, visual acuity; ability to operate equipment, read, and use a keyboard
- Position requires sitting, or standing, and working with a computer for extended periods of time
Work Schedule and Location Requirements:
- This is an in-office position in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- This position operates full time (40 hrs/wk), Monday-Friday
- Ability to occasionally work hours outside of 8a-5p for events
- Occasional need to utilize personal transportation, must maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance
About our Benefits
As part of our overall compensation package, we offer work/life flexibility, comprehensive health benefits, paid time off, and a generous retirement contributions designed to support you and your family.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and long-term disability for full-time employees only. Option to add vision and dependents.
- 401K employee and employer contributions.
- Paid time off to support you while you are out of the office.
- Paid holidays so our employees can spend time with those they care about
- Employer paid AD&D life insurance, with employee options to add supplemental life insurance.