Trenam Law, an AV rated law firm with offices in Tampa and St. Petersburg, is seeking candidates for a legal client billing specialist/accounting support position. The Client Billing Specialist will prepare invoices in accordance with client guidelines and attorney instructions. This individual will also be responsible for submitting invoices in compliance with client-specific electronic billing platform guidelines as required.
- Monitor unbilled inventory for assigned clients to ensure invoices are prepared and finalized promptly.
- Process billing edits, transfers, write-offs, and adjustments to draft invoices.
- Review client guidelines and rate arrangements to ensure invoices are compliant.
- Work with E-Billing platforms to ensure successful transmission of invoices.
- Work closely with attorneys, legal and support staff to resolve issues in a timely manner and ensure bills are accurate and complete.
- Generate billing reports and analysis as needed.
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s business process and accounting operations.
- Assist with backup support for accounts payable, accounts receivable and other accounting functions.
- Collaborate with attorneys, clients and colleagues, and address requests and special projects.
- Aderant or Elite billing experience preferred but not required.
- General understanding of Excel and Word.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have a basic understanding of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Willing to work occasional overtime as needed to meet deadlines and manage the workload.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with attorneys, administrative assistants, and clients.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients, matters and timekeeper information.