We are a full-service commercial real estate firm headquartered in downtown Charlotte, with offices in Raleigh, Greenville, SC, and Columbia, SC. Our team of 165 real estate professionals’ entrepreneurial spirit and deep roots work together to create success for our clients and an engaging company culture and workplace.
Our Raleigh office is seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate must be attracted to a fast-paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Experience in public and private accounting is strongly preferred.
Position Purpose: Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Prepare monthly financial statements – including general ledger review, monthly journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and P&L account schedules – and provide a detailed review and variance analysis, while ensuring they are properly stated and all supporting schedules are valid
- Prepare budgets, re-forecasts, and cash projections
- Assist with treasury functions and debt compliance reporting
- Perform monthly close
- Complete and review monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare escalation billings
- Analyze and review bad debt reserves with property teams, making adjustments as necessary
- Analyze lease commissions, tenant allowances, and other capital items for proper classification and appropriateness
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings
- Coordinate with outside accountants during annual audits
- Interact with A/R, Property Management, Asset Managers, etc.
- Review of A/P coding and descriptions
- Assist with bank loan draw preparation for tenant improvement costs
- Prepare reimbursement billings to managed entities
- Coordinate with on-site team in Raleigh and with the Accounting Team located in Chicago
- Carry out the work and ensure any projects run smoothly from start to finish
- Complete miscellaneous tasks and special projects as assigned