To be successful as a Bakery Supervisor, you should demonstrate excellent management and problem-solving skills. Ultimately, an outstanding Bakery Supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer experience and enforce staff compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Assigning production tasks to Bakery Staff.
- Ensuring that the bakery production kitchen is adequately stocked with quality baking ingredients and supplies.
- Ensuring that baking tools, utensils, and equipment are properly cleaned and sanitized.
- Ensuring company recipes are followed.
- Recording data correctly as outlined in Food Safety Plan.
- Understanding and implementing Food Safety Plan.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitized kitchen.
- Working with Bakery Team Leader to create suitable work schedules for staff members.
- Working with Bakery Team Leader in appraising staff performance and carrying out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
- Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
- Inspecting bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
- Resolving store complaints in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education And Experience (E = Essential D = Desired)
- (E) High school education or equivalent
- (D) Associate’s degree in culinary arts or baking and pastry arts desirable
- (E) Minimum 3 years proven experience in a lead position in a bakery
- (E) Serve Safe Level 2
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Sound knowledge of different baking techniques
- Ability to work under pressure
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent management skills
- Effective communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, organize and control
- Basic computer skills using the windows operating system including internet, printing, and email
- Basic usage of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel