From the moment you walk through the doors at Edgeworth Economics you will be treated as a valued addition to a team that is rich in diversity of cultures, education, and perspectives. Whether you are a consultant or a member of the administrative team you can expect to build meaningful professional and personal relationships that will help you develop your talents, interests, and career path.
Edgeworth employees enjoy a collaborative, collegial work environment with a casual dress code at each of our office locations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include monthly phone and fitness reimbursements, weekly wellness sessions hosted onsite, a fully stocked kitchen, and regularly scheduled social events all of which aim to provide our staff with a well-rounded employment experience.
Edgeworth Economics is an economic and quantitative consulting firm that provides economic analysis and expert testimony for clients facing complex litigation, regulatory, and other challenges involving antitrust, class certification, intellectual property, and labor and employment. Edgeworth’s expert economists, statisticians, data analysts, and other professionals assist clients with innovative solutions rooted in the rigorous application of economic principles and hard data. Organizations including leading law firms, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies rely on Edgeworth Economics to help them navigate through their most critical legal disputes and other challenges.
Allow us to provide you with the opportunities, resources, and guidance necessary to develop your career at any stage.
We have an immediate opening for a talented HR and Recruitment Assistant to join our team in Washington, D.C. The HR and Recruitment Assistant will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department and assist with full-cycle human resource functions while providing a high level of customer service to the firm’s employees.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with recruiting such as editing and posting jobs, reviewing resumes, scheduling and conducting phone screens and in-person interviews, and gathering feedback from interviewers
- Assist with facilitating career fair attendance and coordinating career fair preparation
- Coordinate travel arrangements and submit expense reimbursements for candidates
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding processes and with the preparation/coordination of the performance review process.
- Provide administrative support during the annual benefits open enrollment period
- Assist team with updating and maintaining the HRIS and employee benefits portal as needed
- Track and process HR expenses and invoices
- Interact with and answer employee questions as needed
- Work closely with other administrative departments on onboarding, offboarding, and other adhoc projects
- Provide assistance and support to HR team and other staff as necessary
- Provide backup to the Office Coordinator and Office Assistant position as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field
- 1-2 years in a professional setting including previous work or internship experience in HR preferred
- The ability to exercise good judgment, maintain confidentiality and security of all personnel information
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to juggle multiple assignments with varying deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in teams and independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor and a proven proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of an organization and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
All interested candidates must apply online through Edgeworth’s Careers website, www.edgewortheconomics.com/careers. The required application materials include a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript.