Choisys is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) and a SBA certified 8(a) Business Development Program participant. We deliver Higher Value through customer-centric solutions that drive innovation and adapt to evolving mission requirements – with well documented success on numerous programs within the Civilian, Defense, and Intelligence communities. We are experts in IT Service Delivery processes and industry best practices, continuously integrating the framework of our ISO 9001, 20000, and 27001 certifications to achieve service excellence. Choisys combines empirical methodologies and lessons learned with leading-edge solutions to solve complex problems, provide ongoing support, and deliver quantifiable benefits. Our mission focus areas include, but are not limited to, PMO Support, Health IT, Education + Learning, Infrastructure Management, and Cyber Security.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced System Administrator to ensure the performance and security of our multi-user computer systems. In collaboration with network engineers, you will play a key role in maintaining smooth operations, monitoring system resources, and resolving complex issues. As a member of our team, you will contribute to the efficiency of our computing environment by configuring operating systems, performing security administration, and implementing best practices.
This position requires an active Top-Secret SCI with current CI Polygraph clearance
- Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to uphold operating efficiency.
- Execute system security administration functions such as creating user profiles and accounts.
- Provide Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution, demonstrating the ability to anticipate and take decisive action.
- Configure operating systems and ensure applications are built on a PostgreSQL or Oracle database.
- Write scripts for monitoring system services, data mining logs, and perform SQL and PL/SQL tasks for data reports and modifications.
- Interact with users, evaluate vendor products, and make recommendations for hardware and software purchases.
- Develop and enforce policies and standards for resource allocation in computing environments.
- Collaborate on the installation of system-wide software, applications/operating systems hardening, and allocation of mass storage space.
- Bachelor's degree or 8+ years of relevant experience; additional experience considered in lieu of a degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in systems administration, including proficiency in Linux or CentOS
- Team-oriented with the ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Experience maintaining applications on PostgreSQL or Oracle databases
- Proficient in writing scripts, SQL, and PL/SQL for system monitoring and data management
- Knowledge of Keytool, OpenSSL, and troubleshooting Java and Oracle applications
- Familiarity with XML
- DoD 8570 Compliant with current IAT level II baseline certification (Security+ CE, GICSP, SSCP, etc.)
- Experience in maintaining systems in cloud environments
- Familiarity with Firewalls and AWS Security Groups
- Linux+ certification
- Current RHCSA/RHCE certification
- Microsoft MCSA certification
- VMware Certified Professional
- Knowledge of SQL Servers
Choisys Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. The candidate must have the ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to discern colors, ability to read and monitor a computer screen for an extended period.
Choisys is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links
E-Verify Participation Poster: Click Here
For more information visit the USCIS’ website: https://www.e-verify.gov/