This role will own the www.todaysdesignhouse.com website and inbound demand generation tactics to drive its sales. This person will ensure optimal website performance, with support from the Product Content and Pricing teams. They will be responsible for continual content updates and user experience improvements, as well as driving traffic to the site through search engines, email, advertising and more. This role is accountable for significant sales and margin growth and can meaningfully impact the Design House business and our customers. This is a high visibility position, and the individual will have exposure to the entire Design House leadership team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Execute website strategy and pricing to drive sales and gross contribution margin
- Ensure content flows accurately and optimally from our product information management (PIM) tool
- Monitor and improve site performance and presence on search engines to drive organic and paid traffic and conversion
- Maintain technological connection points to various systems and tools such as our email service provider, Google and Facebook/Instagram; own the platform and connected services
- Manage Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics 4 to ensure proper reporting and optimization
- Develop email, advertising and other demand generation plans and execute them either directly or through the use of external services
- Collaborate with Customer Experience on FAQs and the post-purchase experience
- Manage website sales plan and budget
- Be the owner of the website, advocating for channel best practices and representing needs and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Strong knowledge and understanding of D2C E-Commerce and website management
- Previous experience managing a company E-Commerce website preferred
- Understanding of demand generation techniques to drive sales, including content, reviews, promotions, advertising, email and social media
- Familiarity with key performance indicators of content, sales and demand generation success
- Exceptional time management and communication skills, with keen attention to detail
- Understanding of how to track, measure and report activity, and turn those measurements into insights that can be used to improve practices
- Ability to manage projects and collaborate with various other people to efficiently accomplish tasks
- Desire to continually learn, as well as create and improve processes and results
- Clear focus on the consumer (end user) experience and satisfaction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the office and warehouse conditions prevalent at the time in terms of temperature/weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.