The Network Analyst will plan, install, configure, monitor, and maintain local and wide area networks (LAN/WAN/WLAN), routers, switches, access points, controllers, gateways, TCP/IP services, VPNs, telecommunications services, Internet services, and connected infrastructure components to help meet the organization’s goals.
- Maintain network stability within the hospital environment, act quickly and accordingly to address network service disruptions or slowdowns to bring the network quickly back to an optimal state.
- Evaluate system configurations requiring network services and connectivity.
- Active monitoring and performance management of critical network infrastructures to maintain maximum up-time.
- Support integration of new products and solutions on the network to maximize their performance in the environment.
- Ensure that the wired and wireless network are operating properly.
- Set up, configure, backup, and monitor the network policies on switches and routers.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, switches, servers, DNS, and DHCP.
- Setup, configure, and support firewalls, open necessary ports, and monitor.
- Setup and configure different types of VPNs for secure remote access into the organization’s network.
- Set up VLANS for our VOIP and other segmented networks.
- Terminate keystones and RJ45s in various departments and network closets to enable network connectivity to all end devices and servers.
- Monitor network traffic utilizing various networking tools.
- Ensure that the hospital’s HCIS system is communicating properly on the network.
- Implementing, automating, and scheduling of necessary security patches and updates on servers, workstations, and mobile devices.
- Configuring and monitoring of security appliances to help protect hospital’s infrastructure
- Setup and configure servers utilizing VMWare and assign IP addresses plus login credentials.
- Participation in the IT on call rotation
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of an Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field. A minimum of 2 years of work experience in networking.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience planning, configuring and supporting medium and large sized networks, infrastructure environments and technology, including: routers, switches, controllers, Palo Alto firewalls, wireless access points, IPSec and SSL VPN, UPS components, and standardized cabling practices.
- Experience working with common network monitoring and management tools (Solarwinds, WireShark, and etc.).
- Must display knowledge of advanced networking configuring and troubleshooting.
- Able to configure and install wireless access points.
- Able to configure and install network equipment throughout the organization.
- Able to configure firewall to protect the organization from outside penetration.
- Use Extreme tools to help network performance and infrastructure.
- Network Analyst must display knowledge of troubleshooting and monitoring networks utilizing network tools provided by the hospital vendor of choice Enterasys.
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot issues to completion.
- Able to open tasks with the appropriate vendors
- Create RMA's for networking equipment replacement.
- Must possess good communication skills as well as documentation skills, must be organized and able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to document network issue changes for troubleshooting purposes.
- Create and update network topology diagrams and maps
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and bring them to completion in a timely manner.
- Willing to flex hours and perform all duties as assigned
- Must be able to complete assigned duties within a timely manner and within project time frame.
- Must be familiar with security policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive understanding of network services, networks such as TCP/IP and OSPF.
- Must be familiar with Group Policy and Active directory.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Occasionally lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional exposure to patients and fixing equipment during surgeries.
- Requirement to wear Personal Protection Equipment when necessary.