The primary objective of the estimator is to prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full estimates on projects of all sizes as required by client inquiries. The estimator has full understanding of the project scope and provides excellent documentation to the team. The estimator needs experience calculating carpet, tile, and wood floor and wall applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Ability to interpret blueprints
- Set up, organize, and maintain plan files
- Actively work with team to ensure deadlines and needs are met
- Review pricing agreements
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma/ GED Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Math, spatial, and computational skills
- Experience with reading construction blueprints
- RFMS experience preferred
- Wall Tile Estimating experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office Environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you need any assistance at any point in the application or hiring process due to a disability and you need an accommodation, please email Accommodations@adgus.com. Please do not use this email address for any other questions. Only inquiries regarding accommodations will be addressed