FirstLine Schools: ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEARNER INTERVENTIONIST
Creating and inspiring great open admissions public schools in New Orleans
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans.
Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
The English Language Learner (ELL) Interventionist is a key member of our school teams focusing on designing and delivering literacy-based, research-based interventions for Tier 2 and Tier 3 students. The Interventionist is responsible for tracking progress and adjusting research-based interventions as necessary.
- Prepares and delivers focused literacy interventions for Tier II and Tier III scholars
- Monitors students’ progress toward standards mastery through assessment data
- Provides targeted support to students to ensure mastery of RTI goals
- Utilizes direct teaching, modeling, and guided practice with immediate feedback, independent practice, and targeted support for students
- Assesses students and uses data to drive instruction
- Fills out weekly tracking logs to monitor students’ progress
- Ensures that programs are followed and used with fidelity
- Establishes effective routines and is able to manage students effectively without disruption
- Redirects inappropriate behavior to maximize time on task
- Communicates scholars’ progress with the classroom teacher and RTI coordinator
- Helps students connect their behavior to achieving academic goals
- Has weekly conversations with students about academic goals
- Works and communicates with classroom teachers and RTI coordinator about students’ progress
- Coordinates testing and test data review of the TELD-3, DIBELS Next, and STEEP data in order to inform instruction, intervention, student learning targets and achievement goals.
- Co-teaches with a K-8th grade classroom teacher as appropriate
- Plans and leads small reading classes
- Assesses students and uses data to inform teaching and student grouping
- Teaches enrichment or intervention class during ‘Enrichment Period”
- Leads individual tutoring as needed
- Plans and teaches at least one unit during the Spring semester
- Meets regularly with Development Partner
- Participates in duty rotations, whole school, and grade events
- Plans and leads in the development and implementation of at least one school culture project
Education & Experience:
- Experience working with students that are English Language Learners
- 2 or more years of lead teaching (as the teacher of record), preferred
- Demonstrated success working with students in an urban, open admissions school
- A strong background in and command of literacy
- Louisiana Teacher Certification Completed or in progress (or be eligible to hold on for our out-of-state applicants), preferred
- Experience working with students from open admissions charter schools (or similar public schools)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
- Take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Model the FirstLine Commitments:
We Keep Learning
We Work Together
We are Helpful
We are the Safekeepers
We Share Joy
We Show Results
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
ELL INTERVENTIONIST reports to: Grade Level Chair/School Principal
How to Apply: Please apply online via: http://www.firstlineschools.org/careers
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. FirstLine Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package with a generous 403b plan.
FirstLine Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.