Position: Youth System Program Representative
Salary Range: $43,000-47,000
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Workforce Strategies- Youth Program
Reports To: Manager, Youth System
Posted: December 18- January 2, 2020
Under the leadership of the Manager of Youth System this position is responsible for the evaluation and monitoring of practices of the competitively procured youth workforce development programs to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. This position is also responsible for providing technical assistance to contractors and subcontractors to promote performance and quality services consistent with contract requirements and State/Federal program guidelines. Additional responsibilities include analyzing performance management reports, utilizing Philadelphia Works Systems data via the Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS) and other data systems as needed to identify and report on performance trends and make appropriate suggestions for program improvement. This position will assist in developing training programs identified to enhance programmatic operations and performance outcomes.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Conduct site visits to contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality service is being rendered as outlined in the approved scopes of work.
• Use program monitoring tools to analyze program operations and monitor program compliance.
• Provide technical assistance to contractor(s) and subcontractors to ensure program performance and compliance with contract requirements and program guidelines. Furthermore, conduct observational follow-up to ensure that the recommendations have been implemented; update and /or make changes if necessary.
• Ensure all programmatic data requirements are met. This includes data elements to be captured and reporting data to meet program, provider and data analysis needs.
• Compile and track the monitoring results of all contractor(s) and subcontractors reviews, create statistical reports in Excel and submit written summary reports and improvement recommendations on a monthly basis.
• Analyze all relevant data reports (i.e. CWDS) and compare to PW and State performance management results to identify performance trends. Compare findings of current report to previous report findings to track changes as they apply to improvement recommendations and action plan.
• Work with management to prepare for State audits, and analyze and compare State audit results to performance review results to develop more efficient corrective action plans.
• Assist in identifying best practices for enhancing processes and procedures for better performance, service delivery and efficiency services throughout the workforce system.
• As needed, assist in drafting Operations Memoranda and/or policies to increase efficiencies.
• Participate in youth system interdepartmental team meetings and maintain all agendas and meeting minutes.
• Attend relevant internal and external meetings as necessary.
• Maintain records for all performance management results.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Youth Development, Business Management or related field with 2-3 years monitoring or quality assurance experience.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Highly developed written/verbal communication, collaboration, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Highly developed analytical, reporting and problem solving skills
• Proven track record in building and sustaining relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong project management and process skills
• Strong ability to interpret Contract Scope of Service
• Proficient in Word and Excel and working knowledge of Access and Power Point
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
• Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.