Deadline: February 21, 2024
A resume and cover letter are required to apply.
In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Describe a personal achievement you are most proud of to date? (100 words or less)
- If you could give a ted talk about something that means a lot to you - what would you share with your audience? (100 words)
Need resume help? Visit your university’s career services office.
Join us for a unique 10-week paid opportunity to level up your job skills, lean into Tulsa and meet emerging leaders passionate about making an impact in the 918. Campus Tulsa's Impact Academy Internship is the select summer internship that offers first-year college students a chance to focus on purpose and apply critical thinking skills while gaining consultative work experience. We are looking for team members who can take a fresh look at making Tulsa the best place to live and work.
Campus Tulsa is a workforce development program funded by the George Kaiser Family Foundation that helps students through their journey of internship experiences. Campus Tulsa is housed under GKFF-owned inTulsa Initiative LLC, a talent and business matchmaking initiative driven by a single, powerful civic mission — building a thriving tech hub in the heart of Tulsa's growing, vibrant, inclusive community. Campus Tulsa works alongside inTulsa Initiative LLC to create comprehensive career pathways to allow you to explore early career options upon the completion of your internship program.
What you'll do:
Using the skills and tools learned through Impact Academy, you and your team’s goal is to propose an insightful final project with pathways that amplify or refine present-day solutions through the lens of an emerging leader. Campus Tulsa will connect you with various industry and subject matter experts tackling socio-economic issues across Tulsa who will serve as your team’s mentors and guides throughout this internship. You will attend "lunch & learns”, industry spotlights, and workshops that will level up your skills to build your confidence for your final project. With your final project as your case study and the network you've cultivated, you will transition into your second year of college with more knowledge and experience to set you apart from your peers.
What to expect:
Expect to develop a healthy understanding of social impact, stakeholder management, and communication strategy. Expect to increase your capacity for collaboration while fine tuning your competency for leadership. Expect to nurture long-lasting networks while strengthening your social circles. Expect to exercise creativity and innovation while applying solutions-based frameworks for a great cause.
Hours and Compensation: Over the course of the 10-week internship, you will commit to working 30 – 40 hours per week. Some night and weekend work may be required. Interns must commit to working at their placement organization between May 20 – July 26, 2024. Weekly schedules will be coordinated with Campus Tulsa. All interns will be paid $15.00 per hour and will be responsible for tracking and submitting their hours to Campus Tulsa through our payroll system.
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree from an accredited university and currently completing their freshmen year.
- Applicants must have a passion for Tulsa’s communities.
- Students interested in tackling social problems with innovative solutions in exchange for paid work experience.
- Applicants must be available for an interview after their application has been submitted and vetted. Interviews will take place virtually.
- Applicants must be available for the full 10-week program and able to live in Tulsa, Oklahoma (or surrounding areas) for the duration of their internship. Housing is available upon request.
Other questions? See Campus Tulsa’s webpage about the Impact Academy or contact us at email@example.com.