Sanctuary for Families is New York’s leading service provider and advocate for survivors of domestic violence, sex trafficking and related forms of gender violence. Every year, Sanctuary empowers thousands of adults and children to move from fear and abuse to safety and stability, transforming lives through a comprehensive range of services. We provide a range of wrap-around services to help survivors rebuild their lives in the aftermath of abuse, and work to end gender violence through three key strategies: direct services, outreach and training, and systems-change advocacy. Our services are available in 11 locations throughout New York City.
Ensures that the clients of a transitional shelter are safe, monitors access to facility, maintains accurate count of the number of people in the facility, provides hourly tours of the facility, and maintains confidentiality of the facility.
• Maintains a safe and secure environment for clients, staff and visitors.
• Distributes information to residents regarding program rules and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with program safety policies and procedures.
• Screens incoming visitors to facility by means of identification verification.
• Provides conflict resolution.
• Conducts monthly apartment inspections.
• Monitors fires safety alarm panel and responds to facility emergencies.
• Maintains a logbook of facility activities.
• Conducts hourly tours of facility to ensure its safety.
• Answers and transfers incoming calls.
• Prepares Incident/Accident and FYI reports for emergencies and violations of rules and/or regulations.
• Responds to security emergencies.
• In the absence of maintenance staff, sweeps entry area, courtyard and front of building as needed.
• Performs any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed.
• Maintains positive professional relationships with client population and interacts with all departments within the transitional shelter.