(This is an in-office position out of our office located in York, PA.)
The Senior Financial Analyst will analyze past financial performance to model future potential acquisitions and to advise the company on its financial strategy. They will underwrite commercial real estate financing requests, including financial analysis on the collateral, review market conditions, and identify relevant risks. This position is also responsible for constructing memorandums which document the analysis of data, identifying key risks and mitigating factors, and making recommendations. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, we are seeking someone who will:
- Be scrupulously organized and detail oriented yet understand the big picture.
- Work thoroughly and independently, getting things done in a professional manner.
- Be a positive first impression for the company’s customers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Be extremely proactive in supporting acquisitions and operations.
- Be open and embracing as new ideas and projects arise.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver.
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude no matter what the situation.
The Investment Real Estate Group of Companies (IREGC) is composed of real estate-centric entities focused on the self-storage industry. In addition, we own and operate a portfolio of over 70 stores with a stated goal of reaching 100 stores by the end of 2025. Our market area includes thirteen states in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions, and beyond. IREGC provides property management, development & construction services, and insurance products. Learn more at www.irellc.com.
IREGC employees are team-oriented where all colleagues wear many hats and help each other succeed. While business is the priority, colleagues are encouraged to live healthy, balanced lives. Our company is guided by the core values of doing the right thing for our clients, being engaged, enthusiastic and competitive, working hard and smart, being positive, being compassionate and authentic, and having fun and celebrating success.
Specific duties and functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop complex financial projections and build models in Excel or other appropriate financial modeling software. Your expertise will drive accurate financial assessments for potential real estate acquisitions and refinancings.
- Demonstrate a profound understanding of key business drivers within the self-storage industry. Your insights will drive critical underwriting decisions.
- Lead underwriting analysis for potential acquisitions or refinancings, leveraging your underwriting proficiency to provide valuable insights.
- Collaborate in rent prorations before closing self-storage real estate deals, ensuring meticulous allocation of rental income.
- Compile and summarize market research reports and data, harnessing this information to strengthen underwriting strategies.
- Analyze property operations, identifying optimization opportunities and operational efficiencies.
- Develop automated reporting and forecasting tools to streamline data analysis, optimizing decision-making processes.
- Assist in execution of reporting and data management strategies.
- Create and prepare financing and investment committee memoranda.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required.
- 2-5 years of experience in an investment/financial role in real estate, self storage a plus.
- Proven expertise in real estate underwriting, with a demonstrated ability to create accurate financial models.
- Ability to perform in a tight deadline driven environment with ever changing priorities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power BI, Publisher, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of project management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Duties performed in a standard, indoor office environment.
- Be stationary for prolonged periods of time.
- Inputs data with repetitive motion (typing).
- Stooping, bending, twisting, reaching and repetitive motion may be required in completion of job duties.