Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allow our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are a number of reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
- Stability- TOA has been in Middle Tennessee since 1926 and has expanded to nearly 20 locations!
- Impact- TOA’s team members use our careers – whether in our clinics or our business office – to make a positive difference in the community by building relationships and helping patients live their best life.
- Work Environment- The TOA team focuses on fostering an excellent working environment; one of positivity, collaboration, job satisfaction, and engagement.
- Total Rewards- TOA offers competitive salaries based on the current Tennessee wage market, plus a comprehensive suite of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off, and more. Our 401(k) plan provides a company match, safe harbor match and profit-sharing match to go along with your contributions.
As a Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the payroll process and ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time. You will collaborate with HR and finance departments to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies. Your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Providing strategic leadership over complex and differing payrolls over multiple markets.
- With support from two Payroll Specialist, you will lead the processing of multiple payrolls from start to finish, including calculating employee hours, entering data into the payroll system, and distributing paychecks or electronic transfers.
- Managing all activities necessary to accurately and timely process multiple payrolls, (bi-weekly and semi-monthly) across the organization including maintaining all related records across all practice locations.
- Creating strong payroll processes across the markets to allow a well-defined and seamless payroll experience for all parties.
- Ensuring the accuracy of payroll data, including deductions, taxes, and benefits.
- Collaborating with HR to ensure employee information is updated and accurate, including new hires, terminations, and changes to employee status.
- Coordinating with finance to ensure accurate reporting of payroll expenses and compliance with tax regulations.
- Maintaining confidentiality of employee information and ensuring compliance with privacy regulations.
- Keeping up to date with changes in payroll regulations and adjusting processes accordingly.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in payroll administration, preferably in a management role
- Understands the timeliness and level of utmost responsibility and dependability required to process bi-weekly and monthly payroll across multiple practice sites.
- Understands and exemplifies that the strictest confidentiality is required in this role.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic environment that requires strong analytical skills, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite. Paylocity experience is a plus.
- Detail-oriented individual with a passion for accuracy and compliance.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and compliance requirements
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.