The digital content coordinator furthers the agency’s mission by promoting its foster care and adoption program, currently offered in Austin, Dallas, Houston and Wichita Falls. This position generates compelling content on website program pages, social media platforms, local media outlets, peer publications and other relevant marketing avenues. This positon will facilitate the maintenance of all web pages related to PCHAS foster care and adoption programs and will champion the agency’s efforts (and specific staff members involved) to reach prospective foster parents and birth mothers considering placement plans. Evidence-based decision-making and frequent progress reports will ensure transparency, trust and collaboration between program and marketing staff. This position will be based in the agency’s foster care and adoption program office in Houston.
Essential Job Functions:
• This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communication and works closely with the Director of Community and Church Engagement (foster parent recruiting), four Foster Care and Adoption Program Directors
• Based on best-practices, experience and market research, creates customized digital marketing plans for foster care and birth mother recruitment
• Secures expressions of interest from foster parents and birth mothers through online event promotion, social media posts and boosts, emails, and other forms of communication
• Delivers regular performance analysis of all digital marketing efforts
• Cultivates marketing networks by building relationships with program partners (health care providers, service agencies, schools, churches, etc.)
• Spearheads the development of and promote regular digital live-chat and/or Q&A sessions for online audiences
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Intercultural communication competency. Ability to collect, analyze and communicate digital marketing performance data. Experience managing social media ad accounts, writing content for digital publication and managing a CMS. Survey development experience preferred. Bachelor degree required. Certified training in digital marketing preferred.
Normal office setting with the benefit of limited telework option after one year of service. This person should be knowledgeable in using a computer, phone, email and fax machine. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.