Reporting to the Controller, the Accounts Receivable Senior Analyst is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of accounts receivable transactions in line with internal controls and accounting policies. This position is responsible for leading all accounts receivable functions, including collection efforts and negotiating with past-due accounts. The Senior Analyst is integral in evaluating the credit risks of potential North Carolina Railroad Company Customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage accounts receivable by preparing, posting, verifying customer payments, and maintaining up-to-date customer records, including changes in details and account statuses.
- Generate and issue invoices, handle standard correspondence for overdue accounts, and engage in collections activities.
- Monitor, negotiate, and expedite the collection of overdue accounts, including the design of specific collection plans.
- Produce regular reports on customer account status and assist in monthly revenue account reconciliations.
- Develop and implement strategies for improved debt recovery and cash flow while managing credit risks and advising on credit applications.
- Communicate regularly with accounting and non-accounting team members on customer statuses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proficient in NetSuite or similar ERP system experience and overall experience with cloud-based systems.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of cash flow concepts, financial statements, and forecasting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years in a Credit/AR/Billing department
- Experience in a commercial real estate or railroad company is preferred but not required.
- This work is predominantly conducted in an office setting.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.