At Devon Bank, we don’t just accept diversity—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community. We provide a welcoming and accepting culture that comes from our desire to make diversity, respect and service a priority.
We have an opening for a Temporary Bank Teller at our Chicago and Suburban locations. Tellers are the “front line personnel” of Devon Bank and they create an image of trust with the Bank customer. They handle a multitude of monetary transactions, receive and pay out money and keep records of money and negotiable instruments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and carefully examines check for proper endorsement.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into the computer to record transactions and issues computer generated receipts.
- Explains, promotes, or refers products or services such as traveler’s checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks.
- Assist with Safe Deposit departmental duties.
A high school diploma.
Minimum 1 year of experience in customer service and cash handling.
Must be able to commute to other branches and local locations.
Job Type: Temporary - up to 3 months
EOE AA - Devon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at HRCommunications@devonbank.com or you may call us at (773)- 465-2500.