Being a high-growth company is about more than an expanding headcount and new business. At Essentia, being a high-growth company means entering new industries, proactively developing practices to meet tomorrow’s needs, and embracing a growth mindset as we meet new challenges daily. The Chief Information Officer will play a pivotal role in ensuring the successful execution of projects, maintaining high-quality standards, and driving growth within the organization.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Chief Information Office. This position will encompass creating strategic technology plans, acting as an operational leader to implement these plans, and positively contributing to key technology-based initiatives. As such we are seeking candidates who have a strong history of building and leading high performing teams, achieving measurable outcomes and building robust stakeholder relationships. In addition, being able to work closely with executives along with having an executive level presence is a critical success factor in this role. The ideal candidate will need expertise in network infrastructure, technology-driven service delivery, and innovation in telecom and related fields.
The Successful Candidate Will Have
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Computer Science, or Information Technology required.
· Extensive experience in network infrastructure and telecom industries
· Proven leadership in technology-driven service delivery and innovation.
· Strong background in implementing and managing advanced technology solutions.
· At least 10 years of experience in administration of information systems and technology, with increasing level of responsibility throughout
· 7+ years of experience in managing IT, Systems, and Application Teams.
· Must have the ability to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills. The CIO will need to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders and collaborate with other executives to achieve organizational goals.
· Demonstrated leadership acumen with formal management and leadership training.
· Highly skilled at recognizing and mitigating information security vulnerabilities while managing risk effectively.
· Track record of guiding teams to consistently surpass expectations in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
· Aptitude for thriving within high-pressure scenarios while maintaining a poised and professional demeanor.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Identify and implement the best strategies to manage, analyze and secure data through data management best practices.
· Oversee the development and implementation of innovative network infrastructure solutions, including outdoor and indoor networks.
· Drive the advancement of Essentia’s proprietary eSpeed Technology Platform.
· Lead technology-driven service delivery, incorporating drone data capture, drawing automation, and machine learning.
· Ensure the integration of tech-enabled services aligns with company goals in telecom, cable, enterprise, and critical infrastructure.
· Utilize tech-driven approaches to create a strategy that best supports our operational objectives around tech driven solutions.
· Foster a culture of innovation, focusing on efficiency and modernization beyond traditional manual processes.
· Build a roadmap to support and stay in front of the curve from an innovations perspective to support a rapid growth model.
· Ensure we are operating safely with minimal risk and interference to outside cyber/security threats through security and compliance measures.
· Work to keep our systems and tools innovative and relevant while also utilizing operational efficiency tactics.
· Identity team structure and IT needs in order to grow and scale with the operation.
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is a top priority. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Competitive BCBS NC medical plan
· Dental and Vision
· 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
· Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents.
· Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
· Paid holidays and 15 days PTO to start
· Career development tuition reimbursement
· Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
· A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
· We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
· Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
· Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
· We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
· We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
· INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
· COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
· IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
· JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, and will include, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.