Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance is the largest orthopaedic surgery group in Nashville and Middle Tennessee. TOA concentrates on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and injuries of the musculoskeletal system which allows our patients to live their best life. Ninety plus years later we are advancing the practice of orthopaedic surgery throughout the state.
There are several reasons why TOA is an employer of choice; here are a few of them:
As the Director of Workers Compensation, you are responsible for managing a team of multiple direct reports in multiple clinic locations and working with physicians and referral sources. In addition, this role is also responsible for the planning of educational events for the public including workers comp and joint replacement seminars. Must have Exceptional knowledge of workers’ compensation rules & laws, legislature, and legal processes as well as exceptional communication skills to work with both physicians and referral sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exceptional customer service and patient focus.
- Lead and manage multiple direct reports at various levels in multiple clinic locations.
- Work closely with physicians at all sites to increase workers compensation referrals, schedule educational events and provide feedback from referral sources to physicians.
- Attend multiple conferences and educational events to stay current on worker’s compensation laws and legislature and educate physicians of respective changes.
- Marketing the workers compensation product to referral sources.
- Schedule multiple plant and industry tours with respective doctors and be comfortable touring multiple industries.
- Coordinate and schedule educational events with physicians.
- Plan and implement various ways to increase workers compensation business.
- Work closely with all TOA physicians to ensure all workers’ compensation policies, procedures and protocols are being universally followed.
- Monitor monthly new workers’ compensation business and act where necessary to stem negative trends and/or to facilitate growth.
- Maintain strong relationships with medical case managers to drive workers compensation to TOA physicians.
- Schedule physicians and create power point presentations for joint replacement seminars.
- Work closely with attorneys to navigate work comp patients with litigated cases through the TOA physicians and the legal process.
- Spend quality time in each TOA office; trouble shooting issues and building relationships with physicians and staff.
- Travel to insurance and TPA companies in different cities to drive referrals to TOA physicians.
- Have a large presence in the workers compensation arena by serving on workers compensation committees, attending health fairs and multiple conferences.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledgeable in Workers Compensation laws and legislature.
- 7-10 years’ experience in the occupational health field.
- Confident interacting with physicians and providing feedback to physicians from referral sources.
- Well-organized and proficient at coordinating and scheduling educational events with physicians.
- Strong internal and external relationship-building.
- Able to lead a team effectively and make ongoing and continuous improvements.
- Must be physically able to tour multiple plants and industries while wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (boots, hearing protection, safety glasses, etc.).
- Must be physically able to transport large quantities of TOA materials to large health fairs and conferences.
- Must be willing to work flexible work hours, including nights and weekends as needed, attending marketing and educational events.