Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second-largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 40 events and programs per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting its Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets as well as developing an elite group of Olympic level athletes on their athletic journeys.
As the Manager - Timing & Results at Atlanta Track Club, you will report to the Director – Events and be responsible for all aspects of race timing and results management. Your role is critical in ensuring the fairness, accuracy, and integrity of the Club’s races while enhancing the overall experience for our participants and spectators.
• Plan, coordinate, and execute the timing of all Club events including marathons, half-marathons, 10Ks, and cross country races with outside timer support on the Club’s largest and most complex events.
• Select, set up, and maintain timing equipment, including electronic timing systems, RFID technology, and backup systems.
• Conduct regular testing and maintenance to ensure the reliability of timing equipment.
• Oversee the collection and management of race participant results including time, place, and other data.
• Manage the Club’s relationship with hardware and software vendors including the ordering and assignment of timing chips or devices.
• Lead race day timing team, assigning responsibilities and ensuring all timing personnel are well-trained and equipped.
• Compile and verify race results promptly after each race, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Publish results online and distribute them to participants, media, and event partners.
• Prepare reports and provide insights to race directors and event organizers.
•Address timing-related inquiries and concerns from participants and race organizers in a professional and timely manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Sports Management, Event Management, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Experience in race timing management for endurance events preferred.
• Familiarity with various timing systems and technology, including RFID timing.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to smoothly transition between competing event needs in a calm, professional manner.
• Effective communication and leadership abilities.
• Flexibility to work irregular hours, including most weekends and multiple holidays based on race schedules.
• Valid driver's license and the ability to transport timing equipment to race locations.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Able to lift boxes, fixtures and other items up to 50 lbs.