Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 500+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
As a Robot Assembler, you will assemble parts to build robotic appliances for pets (Litter-Robot & Feeder-Robot). As an assembling professional, you will build robots as per our work instructions, prepare assembly areas, work with your colleagues to improve line performance, and join a winning team leading the future of pet care. First Shift: 5:00 am - 2:30 pm CST
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Assembles parts to build robotic appliances for pets
- Follows work instructions and alerts Engineering or Management when these important documents have errors or inconsistencies
- Prepares assembly area / line for work, ensuring that all components and tools are in good condition and ready for the required work
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to perform all functions of the assembly process
- Performs final test / QC analysis of product
- Packs product for shipment
- Contributes to building a quality work environment by taking initiative, respecting others, being a team player, and cleaning work area
What You'll Bring:
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 45 lbs
- Able to bend, climb ladders, pull, push, reach as needed
- Ability to work in various temperatures
- Able to follow directions, use hand and power tools
- Mechanical aptitude and good dexterity are helpful in this role
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be an efficient worker that is organized and detail oriented
- Able to work in a fast-paced assembly environment
- Must be eager to learn different areas of the company
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must continuously lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Pet Insurance
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.