About McAllister & Quinn
McAllister & Quinn is a federal and foundation grants consulting and government relations firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. We offer our 200+ clients a unique blend of comprehensive grant consulting, strategic advising, and government relations services. Specifically, McAllister & Quinn provides our clients with the knowledge and skills to seek federal and private foundation grant opportunities that strategically fit their organization’s priorities. We support our client’s efforts in crafting competitive applications; developing or increasing funding streams through the congressional appropriations process; and facilitating public-private and international partnerships that further their mission.
We are committed to securing funds for our clients that are transformational for the organizations who are awarded them, the people who work at these organizations every day, and the communities that surround them. The social impact of our work drives us daily to succeed in securing funding for our industry clients and is a major component of why we do what we do. We know that our success leads to better outcomes, changed lives, and a more equitable society for generations to come.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Research Analyst will report directly to an assigned Managing Director and will work with a small team that directly supports one of the Managing Partner's team to support client service and team needs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist Directors and Managing Directors with client and project management, maintaining organized and accurate records using internal filing systems and data management tools
- Identify funding opportunities that align with clients’ needs. This includes:
- Research and monitor suitable federal budget requests to bring to Capitol Hill offices, Congressional appropriations bills, and solicitations for funding opportunities
- Participate in client meetings as requested to understand priorities and interest areas for prospecting
- Generate and deliver high-quality, detailed, and accurate work products / client deliverables in a fast-paced environment with fixed deadlines, such as:
- Client federal funding strategy (appropriations opportunity analysis) for clients
- Assist the team in creating and using templates for memorandums and Capitol Hill meeting itineraries
- Assist Directors and Managing Directors with client appropriations requests. This includes:
- Verify appropriations deadlines from congressional offices and help the team organize requests in Salesforce
- Assist with drafting and editing written materials for requests
- Prepare agendas and concisely summarize information for recurring client calls
- Track legislation and client issue areas to evaluate relevant congressional and administration policy
- Schedule legislative meetings and liaise with congressional staff as appropriate
- Prepare detailed itineraries and memos for client visits to Capitol Hill, including all relevant information about an elected official, staffer, and district/state
- Manage process of preparing all printed materials to bring to meetings on Capitol Hill
- Support Business Development activities, including drafting and revising pitch decks
- Conduct substantive issue/topic area research related to trends, interests, and priorities of specific clients, federal agency and foundation grant programs and solicitations, analysis of federal budgets, and federal appropriations
- Emphasize and focus on a proactive, solutions-focused mentality, positivity, confident presentation of opportunities, and overall thoroughness with all client support and internal projects
- Minimum of four-year bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years professional experience in relevant role
- Strong writing, organizational, and inter-personal communication skills
- Excellent writing / editing skills
- Superior attention to detail / organizational skills
- Ability to synthesize and accurately summarize lengthy and often complex materials
- Strong communication skills via phone, and in person interactions with clients, colleagues (English required)
- Positive attitude and self-motivated to learn new information and skills
- Ability to troubleshoot problems when they arise and to work independently
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite programs, and Salesforce
- Superior candidates will have familiarity with Capitol Hill, federal appropriations, and the legislative process
Compensation & Benefits
- Normal work hours are 8:30 am through 5:30 pm Monday through Friday; three or more days a week in the Washington, DC office
- Competitive 401(k), healthcare, dental, life insurance, long-term disability and employee-directed vision, dependent care FSA, Healthcare HSA/FSA, and transit benefits
- Salary Range: $53,000 - $64,000, salary commensurate with experience. Bonus eligible after one year of continuous service.
- Flexible vacation and leave policies.
At McAllister & Quinn, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we open ourselves to new possibilities, inspire innovation, and allow us to achieve the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience & engagement that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone in our team.