Atlas School, LLC (formerly known as Holberton Tulsa, LLC) offers a unique culture and environment consisting of enriching and rewarding work as well as career growth, all in the context of a collaborative community. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team where constant idea development, skill acquisition, and knowledge sharing are foundational. At Atlas School, people are inspired.
This role is a critical position for the academic programs at Atlas School and the person selected will be an expert in their subject area. The person fulfilling this role must be an effective classroom/student manager with the ability to be adaptable to a variety of situations and to relate well to students, other faculty, and the administration of the school. This person must also believe in and follow the mission and educational objectives of the school, maintain strong attention to the school policies and procedures, and always maintain a professional attitude. People fulfilling this role are expected to follow regulatory body standards and must serve as examples to their students by modeling appropriate workplace skills, language, attire, and other employer expectations in their students chosen career training area.
- Teach according to the approved syllabi and approved curriculum.
- Conduct class in a professional manner including appropriate attitude, attire, language, technology, engagement and discussions.
- Maintain a professional relationship with students. Avoid fraternization including discussions of a personal nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure students have received a copy of the approved course syllabus on the first day of each course
- Inform students of the requirements and expectations of each class
- Teach courses in their subject area both online and/or on ground
- Assess each student’s progress and advise them of this progress on at least a weekly basis
- Work with students who are taking classes to improve their knowledge or career skills
- Report to the Student Services Manager or Executive Director any problems that hinder student performance in class including academic, attendance, or behavioral problems
- Assess and provide students’ a progress report by reviewing graded assignments, projects, and other work
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field and the world of education
- Attend all scheduled meetings and in-service training
- Be familiar with the catalog
- Be familiar with and properly enforce the policies of the school
- Attend various professional growth activities to maintain qualifications
- Call and/or email students regarding their absences
- Maintain an acceptable retention rate in the course being taught
- Make decisions and solve problems
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, and students
- Develop and build teams
- Coordinate the work and activities of others
- Maintain educational documentation (i.e.: records, reports, notes, and/or files)
- Use motivational techniques in education
- Use interpersonal communication techniques
- Use library or online internet research techniques
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with students
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires sitting
- Requires public speaking
- Requires telephone and multimedia conversations
- Requires face-to-face and virtual discussions with individuals and teams
- Requires making decisions that impact the results of students, co-workers, and/or the company
- Requires meeting strict deadlines
- Requires coordinating or leading others in accomplishing work activities
- Requires working indoors and/or remotely
Education and Experience
Minimally, the individual shall meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Be a graduate of a recognized college or university and hold a baccalaureate degree with a minimum of 12 credit hours in a field directly related to the subject(s) the individual is teaching or,
- Have two years minimum full-time work experience within the last seven years in the field in which the individual is teaching or,
- Have a license issued by a state or the federal government in the field in which the individual is teaching, or 4. Have a nationally-recognized professional certification in the field in which the individual is teaching, as approved by the Board.
- Great oral and written communication skills in English
Professional Judgement Consideration of Education and Experience
The aforementioned requirements could be overridden if the school presents comprehensive, evidence-based documentation that the applicant has met other requirements sufficient to provide adequate instruction in the subjects being taught, as approved by the Board. A person may be “conditionally” hired under this provision and will not be considered an employee or be able to work in the compacity instructor until OBPVS approves/recognizes the applicant as meeting the Board’s faculty requirements. After Board recognition, the applicant’s status will change from conditionally hired to employed.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in correlation to others' actions.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Education and Training: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Desktop Computers
- Laptop Computers
Maintaining Job Qualification Requirements Year-Over-Year:
Professional Development/Growth Required
Individuals fulfilling this position are required to maintain professional development. Documentation providing proof of professional development must be provided to the Executive Director and a copy will be maintained in the respective employee’s employment file. Professional development actives need to occur minimally, twice a year. Acceptable activities include but are not limited to the following activities.
- Current and active membership in professional organizations.
- Attend webinars or meetings of professional organizations.
- Review and apply relevant research.
- Pursue continuing education or training in their respective fields.
- Attend relevant meet-ups and/or IT related conferences.
- Take relevant courses and/or certification exams.
In-Service Training Requirements
In-service training is provided to individuals fulfilling this position to enhance their skills in developing and using electronically delivered, online, or other forms of distance education. Atlas School provides its employees with access to webinars, training sessions, whitepapers, and a collection of professional educational materials to keep abreast of current trends, developments, techniques, research, and experimentation. Employees must attend a minimum of one (1) in
service training per year. Proof of attendance and/or training must be provided to the Executive Director. A copy of the documentation will be maintained in the respective employee’s employment file.
About our Benefits
As part of our overall compensation package, we offer work/life flexibility, comprehensive health benefits, paid time off, and a generous retirement contributions designed to support you and your family.
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, and long-term disability for full-time employees only. Option to add vision and dependents.
- 401K employee and employer contributions.
- Paid time off to support you while you are out of the office.
- Paid holidays so our employees can spend time with those they care about
- Employer paid AD&D life insurance, with employee options to add supplemental life insurance.