We are committed to supporting at risk children and families providing them with tools and resources to help prevent children from experiencing child abuse, neglect and abandonment. We are a Christian agency that believes in living our mission, we provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need.
In response to this community-wide challenge, Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services (PCHAS), provides 14 programs and services in 28 locations, in Missouri, Texas, and Louisiana, which provide children with permanent homes and adults with increased self-sufficiency. This is accomplished by the agency’s commitment to “The PCHAS Way” which inspires the agency to be strength-focused, family-centered, and goal driven with every client.
Benefits of serving children and families in need through PCHAS include competitive salaries, flex work schedules, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance options, voluntary life insurance options, paid holidays, and a very generous retirement plan (after one year of service and working 1,000 hours the agency matches an employee 200% up to a 3% retirement contribution).
Working Conditions: This position requires working in a typical office setting at the office located in Austin, TX, with daily use of the Financial Edge Accounting system and other software, specifically Microsoft Office products. There is occasional need to visit Agency locations and driving on behalf of the Finance department. This position does occasionally require overtime to meet deadlines but is typically an 8-hour day.
Position Summary: To provide skilled accounting services with minimal supervision to the Agency in order to maintain accurate and timely accounting records and other financial information. This position reports to the Director of Accounting in Texas.
Essential Job Functions
- Primary responsibility for processing monthly accounts receivable billing as related to program activity and assists in analyzing balances and works closely with insurance entities and program staff on receivable related matters.
- This position will assist with the recording of donation revenue. Utilizing the donation revenue database, this position will audit donation deposits and prepare the weekly posting of revenue and cash to the General Ledger. Duties also include assisting donors with questions about their gift history or current pledge status, reconciling pledge receivables and maintaining backup information on all donation deposits.
- Bi-weekly accounts payable check cutting.
- Prepare general journal entries and reconcile, analyze, and maintain support for general ledger accounts as assigned.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing of the general ledger and annual external audit.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration across departmental lines.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a high-school diploma; vocational and/or some college work preferred with 5 or more years prior accounting experience. Strong computer skills are preferred, particularly with Microsoft Office Excel and Word. This position requires a trustworthy individual who is able to maintain confidences in all areas related to the business and welfare information of the Agency. There are no specific licenses required for this position.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and childcare/elder care disqualification list screenings as conducted by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services utilizing the Family Care Safety Registry. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the Missouri State Highway Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease. Must be American Red Cross first aid and CPR certified at all times.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.