Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance has an immediate opening for a Director of Facilities Operations, an individual who will be responsible for overseeing the important elements of mechanical, safety, and operational support in all areas of our clinics and facilities. This position will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with our Clinic Managers and Upper Management. This position is based in Nashville and will also support other Middle Tennessee TOA Locations.
The primary responsibilities for the Director of Facilities Operations include overseeing:
- Maintenance: Maintaining day-to-day operations of 20+ Healthcare facilities. Duties will include delegating or completing maintenance orders, recognizing building deficiencies, and technical troubleshooting plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems. In addition, monitoring the cleanliness of interior and exterior areas such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and other outdoor spaces. Managing relationship and contract negotiations with vendor partners such as janitorial services, elevator maintenance and fire systems (not all-inclusive list).
- Safety and Security: Monitoring the safety of interior and exterior areas such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots, and other outdoor spaces. Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions. Ensuring proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- New Project Development and Renovations: Collaborate with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facility’s needs. Work closely with CEO, COO, and team to support new project development and renovations.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Facilities Operations will have demonstrated success in these primary areas of focus and responsibility.
- 10+ years of experience in facilities management or related field
- Successful experience with recognizing building deficiencies.
- Demonstrated fluency in maintaining day to day operations of facilities.
- Fundamental and sound knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems.
- Technical Troubleshooting skills and the ability to self-diagnose.
- General knowledge of all construction phases and local building and safety codes.
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques.
- Experienced in working with outside vendors.
- Ability to coordinate with facilities and building owners.
- Exceptional ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, with the demonstrated capacity to work across geographic and organizational boundaries fluidly.
- Must be highly detail oriented, with the ability to take direction from multiple business partners yet work on a self-sustained, independent manner.
- Experience in managing a team of facilities staff; ensuring they are trained, motivated, and performing to standards.
- Manage budgets and expenditures for facility maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations related to building safety and environmental health.
- A bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management or related field is preferred.
TOA is an equal opportunity employer. TOA conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.