The Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A.) under the direct supervision of the licensed nurse will provide direct patient care while maintaining patient comfort and safety.
• Takes and records Vital signs including temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight.
• Performs/Assists with the personal hygiene and activities of daily living (ADL’s) and documents as needed.
• Passes out nourishments and water as scheduled or as requested.
• Communicates any change in patients and/or resident condition to nurse during each shift.
• Answers call lights within appropriate established timeframe.
• Maintains patient and/or resident safety at all times
• Follows the instructions of the nurse in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provides floor orientation to new employees as needed.
• Maintains flexibility in assignment changes due to census fluctuation.
• Maintain your required certifications and mandatory skill updates.
• Comply with all policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Floats to other units as assigned to meet patient and/or resident care needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Clear and Active Certified Nursing Assistant certification to practice in the state of Florida
• Medication Administration Training (6 hours) for Assisted Living Facility (ALF) if applicable
• CPR certification
• 1 year experience preferred
• Computer skills sufficient to properly document services and care
• Must be able to read, write and understand the English language