Part time seasonal March thru October
Summary of Duties: Gate Attendants are the first friendly face to greet customers as they enter the facility. They are responsible for ensuring each guest has completed the proper paperwork as they enter Pitt Race. Gate Attendants must also learn the layout of the facility so they can guide first time guests to the appropriate locations. Gate attendants are also responsible for handing out camping passes and for the collection of camping, electric, and garage fees as needed.
Reporting Relationship: Gate Attendants work under the direction of the Safety / Security Coordinator.
Working Conditions: Gate attendants will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions but have access to a temperature-controlled Gate building between customer interactions.
PIRC personnel work as a supportive and interdependent team. These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Other duties will be assigned and a willingness to assist other PIRC roles is a requirement.
- Contribute to a culture based on reputation, respect, integrity, and dependability.
- Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events.
- Communicate with management via two-way radio or telephone to announce arrivals.
- Contact MOD or Admin when a customer requests use of EV charging station[BW1] .
- Ensure all guests complete track waiver.
- Ensure all guardians of minors complete appropriate waiver.
- Direct visitors to appropriate area of facility.
- Collect gate fees for designated events.
- Ensure correct distribution of camping passes.
- Collect camping, electric, and garage fees as needed.
- Properly secure cash and request cash drop/exchange as necessary to maintain appropriate cash levels.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate all relevant information during shift change.
- Adhere to the Pitt Race dress code.
- Ensure compliance with safety and security standards.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic math skills and ability to make change.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with computers and/or tablets.