Part time seasonal March thru October
Summary of Duties: Karting Staff provide support as customers prepare for their karting experience and ensure customers have the appropriate safety gear. Once the session is in operation, Karting Staff manages races with ongoing, hands-on support to maintain smooth operation of the karts on the track.
Reporting Relationships: Karting staff work under the direction of the Karting Operations Manager and Karting Assistant Manager. Karting staff are constantly communicating with customers, other karting and registration staff, and mechanics.
Working Conditions: Karting Staff will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions as primary duties are all generally performed outdoors.
PIRC personnel work as a supportive and interdependent team. These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Other duties will be assigned and a willingness to assist other PIRC roles is a requirement.
- Contribute to a culture based on reputation, respect, integrity, and dependability.
- Become familiar with kart operation.
- Clean, prepare, and fuel karts for events and daily operations.
- Assist customers with putting on helmets and neck braces.
- Ensure customers view the safety briefing before each session. Review principles, techniques, and safety procedures with participants and demonstrate use of materials and equipment as needed.
- Keep sessions continuing in a timely fashion.
- Assign participants to karts for each session and direct them to their assigned karts.
- Pull-start karts for customers.
- Assist off-track and/or stalled participants with safely reentering the track.
- Use color-coded flags to communicate track conditions.
- Communicate via two-way radios.
- Inspect karts routinely for low fuel, tire wear, tire pressure, and other mechanical issues.
- Report incidents, kart malfunctions, and needed repairs to mechanics and/or supervisor.
- Maintain the karting pit lane and other work areas in a neat and orderly manner.
- Become familiar with the Pitt Race calendar of events.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
- Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.
- Complete hands-on fire extinguisher training and be aware of proper extinguisher utilization.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to function in a stressful environment.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Familiarity with computers and tablet devices.
- Complete CPR training.