Part time seasonal March thru October
Summary of Duties:
Maintenance Staff work closely with other Operations departments and are responsible for maintaining the buildings and grounds.
Reporting Relationship: Maintenance Staff work under the direction of the Facility Operations Manager and the Maintenance Lead.
Working Conditions: Maintenance Staff will be exposed to hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
PIRC personnel work as a supportive and interdependent team. These responsibilities are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position. Other duties will be assigned and a willingness to assist other PIRC roles is a requirement.
- Contribute to a culture based on reputation, respect, integrity, and dependability.
- Communicate via two-way radio.
- Drive trucks or other vehicles to work areas.
- Operate maintenance equipment such as riding mowers, hand mowers, trimmers, tractors, weedwhackers, snow blowers, and power washers.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters, and other grounds features.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt or calcium as needed.
- Maintain or repair equipment or structures (such as buildings or fences) using hand or power tools.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles or equipment.
- Inspect facilities for cleanliness, including trash removal and clean up after events.
- Empty 55-gallon trash containers to dispose of trash or waste materials
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure compliance with fire, safety, and security standards.
- Physically respond to emergency situations, such as fire, power outage, gas or water leak, or any other emergency situation or repair.
- Monitor on-track activities in conjunction with Fire/Rescue personnel.
- Respond to on-track incidents, provide assistance as necessary, and prepare incident reports.
- Maintain guide rails and tire walls.
- Operate fire extinguishers.
- Adhere to Pitt Race dress code and all safety standards for dress.
- Properly utilize all required personal protective equipment.
Emergency Security Team
As part of the Maintenance team, you are also considered a part of the Emergency Security Team. In emergency situations, you will be called upon to:
- Open evacuation routes, ensuring gates are unlocked and route is free of non-essential traffic.
- Direct personnel to designated areas for crowd control. This includes perimeter security for any designated landing zone if an airlift is deemed necessary by MedEvac, in the event of a localized fire, or following a chemical spill/leak.
- Restrict incident scenes, patient treatment areas, command centers, helicopter landing zones, emergency staging areas, and emergency personnel debriefing areas from media presence.
- Assist emergency services as necessary in the event of medical emergencies.
- Relocate generators from storage as necessary and ensure all heating and cooling window units are unplugged and all central systems are turned off in case of power outages.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Flexible availability.
- Valid driver’s license.