Under the guidance of the Director of IT Systems, the Full Stack Web Developer will develop, maintain, upgrade and provide support for all of the company’s external and internal websites and applications. The NK Full-Stack Web Developer will need to have a working knowledge of php, html, css, js, node-js, sql, and other programming languages. The developer will be responsible for the functionality of multiple Magento 2 websites, a Shopify site, and 2 internal web applications. Applicants should be comfortable working with the Ubuntu operating system. The developer needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and be consistently available to respond to help desk requests during company hours, with some after hours on-call responsibilities. The individual should be able easily to communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as work with individuals in all departments to help solve their technical issues. The developer is also responsible for assisting with maintaining our AWS website(s) infrastructure, including managing firewalls, testing computer equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware software, scaling infrastructure, installing and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes. This is at-will employment.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain current and new features for world’s leading rowing cloud application
- Develop and maintain current and new features for a rapidly expanding weather application that is visited by 50K+ visitors a day
- Maintain, update, and improve a variety of proprietary web applications.
- Maintain, update, and improve the Magento 2 and Shopify platforms
- Utilize the databases systems to create a superior consistent experience for users
- Maintain data synchronization between software platforms
- Maintain or website infrastructure on the AWS platform.
- Design, develop and maintain LEAN applications/modules to improve internal applications.
- Create complex data intensive reports using SQL queries, views and Microsoft excel.
- Design, develop and utilize integration software to automate internal processes
- Utilize php, Java Spring, and node.js to create and enhance functionality for a variety of web applications
- Employ REACT, Vue, and Angular to create easy to use User Interfaces for a variety of web application
- Monitor critical systems daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
- Manage web application backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
- Initiate IT projects that will improve productivity of the company
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- Priority for success in this job will be a willingness and ability to learn new things. We expect the successful candidate to take the initiative, ask questions, research independently, and retain new information.
- Ability to work independently is desirable, good judgement is critical.
- Working collaboratively / well with others is critical.
- This position requires excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization abilities.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: php, Node.js, or Java Spring
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: Angular, REACT, or Vue.js
- Skilled in css, jQuery, and html
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Fluent in the SQL language: SQL queries, views, triggers, and stored procedure to automate processes, run backups, and create complex reports.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Mysql server and/or PostgreSQL. Ability to continually improve databases via normalization to optimize storage and performance.
- Working knowledge of the Ubuntu and/or Centos operating systems and their associated command line interfaces.
- General knowledge of the AWS platform and services
- Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a web development role.
- A computer science or equivalent degree required.
- Relevant technical certifications a plus.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor manufacturing plant and offices. Will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday. Some flexibility to set 40-hour schedule between 8:00 and 6:00.
Most training is on-the-job, additional formal training as appropriate.
Travel / Work location
Some business travel may be necessary. 98% in NK’s plant in Boothwyn, PA. Reliable transportation required.