LNP Media Group, a subsidiary of WITF, is seeking freelance correspondents to report local sports for its daily print and online publications. This is a great position for anyone who is interested in sports. The correspondent will be an independent contractor who attends high school and college games and writes stories meeting professional journalism standards.
· Possess excellent writing skills, interpersonal communication skills and ability to report news fairly and accurately on deadline.
· Must have good grasp of AP style.
· Are able to keep statistics in the sport they are covering.
· Ensure that their coverage reflects the diversity of cultures in our region.
· Exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients.
· Have a bachelor’s degree and sports writing experience at a daily or weekly newspaper; reporters with professional experience will receive priority, but those with strong college portfolios will be considered.
· Live within a 30-minute drive of their coverage area. Opportunities are most often available in Lancaster and Lebanon counties, but occasionally extend to York and Berks counties as well.
Please submit writing samples, or a link to your writing samples, with your resume.
For any additional questions, please reach out to:
Deputy Correspondent Coordinator