U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work well in a team environment.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is seeking a Senior Coordinator, Consumer Products to join U.S. Soccer’s growing commercial team. This position will report to the head of the Consumer Products division and as such will be supporting projects for both the Licensing and Retail Development teams as we grow our commercial presence. Consumer Products is a key driver of fan engagement and brand messaging. As such it is critical that every product and retail partner aligns with our fan segments and properly reflects our brand positioning. This role is instrumental to the team’s foundational success. The ideal candidate is organized, confident, detail oriented, and resourceful. A genuine interest in the overall sports licensing and retail space is key.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with internal team and licensees on product development and submissions across all stages of development.
- Assist in the timely acquisition and analysis of all quarterly royalty reports including sales trends by partner, category and channel of distribution.
- Assist in monitoring product assortment plans, tracking market trends and identifying gaps.
- Compile and maintain licensing reports and financials including licensee lists, sales forecasts, product portfolio, licensee recaps, etc.
- Assist in cultivating third-party retail opportunities to secure and amplify “real estate” both in-store and online across all tiers of distribution including:
- Engaging key merchandising and marketing stakeholders.
- Establishing KPI’s, e.g., door counts, product placement, and marketing activations.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to incorporate product within all applicable commercial, media and marketing programs and initiatives.
- Act as lead point of contact for all internal requests and questions for licensed product and premiums to service internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Take a lead role in coordinating any trade shows and/or internal/external meetings.
- Manage gifting closet and incoming production samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of expertise.
- 2-4 years of experience in consumer products related industries, e.g., retailing, product development / manufacturing and/or intellectual property licensing. A background in, and passion for, soccer, sports and/or entertainment is a plus.
- Strong analytic skills and experience interpreting quantitative and qualitative data and research.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time for partner meetings, key matches, etc.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Able and willing to lift and move items weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Creative thinker with an ability to track and leverage marketplace trends.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects through multi-tasking and prioritizing efficiently.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
- ”Student of the Game” mentality and desire for continual growth.
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel capabilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Multi-lingual a plus.
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S Soccer have the following attributes:
- Live our Principles & Values
- Adopt a company-centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keep an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Want to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
U.S Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.