About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 180 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The HR Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the Director of Human Resources in the areas of staffing and recruiting; compensation; new employee orientation and onboarding; learning and development; performance management; employee relations; and HRIS management. The HR Coordinator will also provide exceptional service to team members within the organization and across all offices regarding human resource related matters.
- First point of contact for HR; manage relationships, promptly respond to questions, and manage expectations.
- Participate in all aspects of the recruiting process including partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, posting positions on multiple career sites, screening resumes, conducting and coordinating interviews, facilitating the offer process, performing reference and background checks, and maintaining accurate hiring information for compliance purposes.
- Manage the campus recruitment process including partnering with hiring managers to determine target schools, maintaining relationships with campus career center liaisons, developing recruiting materials, coordinating registrations at career fairs and on-campus events, coordinating and hosting internal recruiting events, and training internal campus ambassadors.
- Manage new employee onboarding including collecting new employee information; new employee orientation; and coordinating training plans with departmental leaders.
- Assist in the establishment of a learning culture by identifying training needs, scheduling and coordinating new and recurring training events, and conducting training sessions when necessary on HR topics of interest.
- Assist with performance management process including the creation and distribution of performance management materials, communication with management to provide direction and guidance on employee issues including disciplinary actions, conduct, performance improvement plans, terminations, and other HR related issues.
- Assist managers in addressing specific employee relations topics by advising on options, assessing risk, and acting as a consultant to determine best course of action.
- Process employee terminations including preparing exit paperwork, conducting exit interviews, collecting company property, notifying all relevant parties of termination, and completing all system termination processes.
- Consult with management and staff of all levels on the interpretation of all policies and procedures as they apply to individual employee circumstances.
- Maintain HRIS to ensure accuracy and timely editing of employee records in all modules to include applicant tracking, onboarding, compensation, performance management, learning management, and analytics.
- 1-3 years of Human Resources experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment is essential. Experience with HR systems required. Experience working in Paylocity is preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and MS Office suite.
Why Work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring Architecture to the community.
ASG is a respected leader in the community offering comprehensive benefits and a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.