The Director of Employment Services is responsible for the overall management of the employment services program. They perform duties related to the daily oversight supervision, and evaluation of direct support staff who provide immediate services to individuals with developmental disabilities. It is a highly interactive job that requires the ability to make clear and incisive observations and to routinely manage employees’ performance as needed based upon those observations in keeping with Providence’s vision, values, and mission and all state and federal regulations. This position also ensures that staff are affecting learning and growth for all individuals to whom they provide supports. Reliability, adaptability, good interpersonal, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills are a must in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Director
- Collaborates with case managers and directors to identify internal and external people ready for employment services and facilitates their transition into the Providence program
- Ensure person-centered focus is the driving force for each person in the PCS program.
- Collaborates with the Case Manager to fully understand the nature, frequency, quality of learning and growth initiatives for all individuals within the caseloads of the staffs he/she supervises.
- Performs random audits on case management documentation to ensure the quality of services provided meets or exceeds agency, state, and federal guidelines while keeping in line with the person centered focus.
Personnel Management & Supervision:
- Closely supervises the Supported Employment team. Ensures that employees are fully engaged at all times in the Learning and Growth interventions for individuals as trained.
- Ensure outstanding performance, regular attendance, and appropriate attitude of all employees via monitoring, counseling, and evaluations.
- Ensures that adequate schedules are maintained for staffing needs and ensures that staff are deployed based upon department-wide priorities.
- Manages all requests for time off, emergency leave, etc. to ensure adequate staffing plans at all times.
Recruitment & Retention:
- Collaborates with the Human Resources department and the Vice President of Community Supports & Services in advancing programs to enhance staff morale and to incentivize positive employee performance, etc.
- Interviews and makes hiring recommendations to the Vice President of Community Supports & Services for all vacant positions within the assigned location.
- Reviews areas of high turnover and develops and implements and evaluates remedial plans.
- Works with the Director of Training to ensure ongoing and timely core trainings for employees.
Payroll & Documentation:
- Processes, reviews, reports, and finalizes semi-monthly payroll for staff within the assigned program.
- Ensures that employee hours, OT, and mileage stay within fiscal marks.
- Helps to maintain, track, and report all employee’s expirations for DOT Certifications, Driver’s License, and Car Insurance. Establishes consistent follow-up to ensure that all information is received and supporting documents are sent the Human Resources within a timely manner to maintain compliance with Providence’s policy and regulations.
- Completes all required forms and processes regarding any employee-related Incidents (Workmen’s’ Comp) and ensures that all information is submitted to and received by Human Resources within the required time frames.
- Evaluates employees’ overall performance to determine its fulfillment of Providence’s vision, mission, and values, and its correlation to the building of trusting and caring relationships, identifies all gaps, and ensures performance improvement plans are developed for immediate remediation of all deficiencies.
- Reviews employees’ performance data, such as attendance histories, data from daily observations, and Case Manager feedback and takes documented corrective action.
- Conducts incident investigations per regulations and identifies any personnel concerns and relays those to the Vice President of Community Supports & Services and the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Has working knowledge of Providence Employee Handbook, Providence Policy and Procedure Manual, and DDA regulations and ensures services are in continual compliance.
- Protects the fundamental rights of all individuals by following State and Federal regulations and Providence Policy and Procedure. This position requires continuous advocacy for all individuals.
- Ensures that site-based services always meet all environmental and regulatory standards .
- Responds to incidents following the COMAR PORII protocol.
- Represents Providence and attends meetings and conferences to enhance the strategies, staff trainings, and other agency related processes.
- Maintains positive and professional relationships with outside agencies, business partners, and other resources.
- Identifies and develops relationships and funding sources to supplement DDA monies to carry out Providence's mission.
Monday- Friday Daytime
*Will remain in contact by staff in cases of emergencies including nights, weekends, and holidays. If unavailable, ensures alternative contact information is dispersed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Must have experience in working with or around adults with developmental disabilities. Working experience or knowledge of the psychological, social, recreation, and vocational needs of adults who are developmentally disabled is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Management, Human Services or related field and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in staff supervision.
- Must have strong working knowledge in payroll processing, employee relations, staff development, and basic State and Federal Laws.
- ACRE and CESP certifications preferred. Must be able to receive certifications upon hire
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Case Management Database, Payroll Database, Internet, etc. Experience with Paylocity and iCareManager is a plus