The Director of Performance is primarily accountable for the organizational performance of partners and customers as defined by:
- Organizations’ adherence to Network Standards, and other product expectations (Circulation, etc.)
- Lead creation of reporting dashboard for leadership on progress and status
- Promote expansion and coordination of new partners based on priorities for network health and Managed Care Organization solution packages
- Creation of repeatable and portable tools and processed to streamline the performance management process and make it portable to other areas and teams (scalability)
- Conduit to finance on release of funds according to defined contracted performance deliverables
- Ownership of either Hospital System or Managed Care Organization relationships and performance
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Team member management
- Partner and Customer senior relationship management and escalation point
- Leadership of the Performance function as aligned with Alliance strategy
- Oversight of a regular reporting process and demonstrated progress against the current state
- Identification and escalation of key needs and issues
- Engagement in contract solution development, assigning a performance consultant and making sure the hand-off between business development and execution is smooth (create a process in partnership with the PMO)
- Operate function in an effective and efficient manner – always looking to optimize
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 8-10 years of progressive industry/relevant professional experience with demonstrated leadership and managerial responsibilities required
- Must have active C-level relationships at either Managed Care Organizations or Hospital Systems in the Capital District
- Proven track record of managing and leading a team and driving both performance and engagement
- Demonstration of data driven decision making
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Local travel to partner sites on a frequent basis is required.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Develops constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect.
- Integrity & Trust: Able to earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Maintains commitments made to others. Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Open Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly & accurately in writing, speaking and when interacting with others.
- Change Management: Demonstrated willingness to take calculated risks to achieve organizational goals and effectiveness. Sees opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation while staying within the parameters of best practices. Recovers quickly from setbacks, adapts approach to achieve solutions in dynamic situations.
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the long-term vision of the organization. Maintains a commitment to goals and focuses on results and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Self-Management: Able to self-evaluate in order to proactively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility and personal credibility.
- Managing Performance: The ability to take responsibility for one’s employees’ performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly
- Developing Others: The ability to delegate responsibility, work with others by coaching them to develop their capabilities. Shares information, advice, and specific behavioral feedback to help others be more successful.
- Interpersonal Awareness: The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically and constructively to others. Anticipate how others will react to a situation and finds non-confrontational ways to approach others about sensitive issues.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.