Alliance for Better Health (Alliance) promotes and fosters a remote work environment built upon resiliency, trust, and steadfast commitment to our mission of making communities healthier. Forward-thinking creativity and diverse experiences are highly valued. As an Albany Business Review Best Place to Work, we prioritize empowering our team to do their best work toward better health for all.
The Director of Regional IPA Curation and Expansion plays a critical role in growing the number of community based organizations participating in the Healthy Alliance Independent Practice Association (IPA), one of first IPAs in the nation focused specifically on addressing social needs before they turn into medical problems. Collaborating with providers of key social services, such as food, transportation, housing and behavioral health is vital to improving the health of our network and the communities we serve. Cultivating strong and sustainable relationships with thought leaders throughout the counties of Albany, Schenectady, Saratoga, Rensselaer, Fulton and Montgomery is expected. Working closely with the Alliance market intelligence and sales leaders, this person will convene IPA participants to solve complex community challenges and provide sales support in business development conversations with health plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growth in number and quality of delivery of participants joining Healthy Alliance IPA
- Creation and management of relationships with community based organization leaders throughout the counties listed in the summary
- Report on progress to targets and goals weekly / monthly
- Identification and escalation of needs and issues
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- 8-10 years of progressive industry/relevant professional experience with demonstrated leadership and managerial responsibilities required
- Experience with community based organization program design, management and evaluation
- Must have active Executive Director level relationships with community based organizations
- Strong business acumen – ability to analyze data and formulate the return on investment of programs
- Proven track record of managing and leading a team, driving both performance and engagement of team members
- Demonstration of data driven decision making
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Develops constructive working relationships with others inside and outside the organization through cooperation and mutual respect.
- Integrity & Trust: Able to earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Is seen as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy and is known to consistently adhere to a set of core values that are represented in decisions and actions. Maintains commitments made to others. Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Open Communication: Fosters open communication and listens to others objectively. Shares relevant information in a timely, logical, clear and consistent manner. Ensures information is passed on to others who should be kept informed about progress and problems; avoids surprises. Expresses oneself clearly & accurately in writing, speaking and when interacting with others.
- Change Management: Demonstrated willingness to take calculated risks to achieve organizational goals and effectiveness. Sees opportunities for creative problem solving and innovation while staying within the parameters of best practices. Recovers quickly from setbacks, adapts approach to achieve solutions in dynamic situations.
- Organizational Focus: Maintains focus and commitment to the mission, values and business strategies to find solutions that best serve the long-term vision of the organization. Maintains a commitment to goals and focuses on results and desired outcomes in the face of obstacles and frustrations.
- Self-Management: Able to self-evaluate in order to proactively and continuously improve one’s own behavior and performance. Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Conducts oneself with confidence, flexibility and personal credibility.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
This job function involves potential access / interaction with protected health information. Position will be required to abide by Alliance policies and procedures that support federal, state and local HIPAA regulations. Any violations will be subject Alliance’s sanctioning policy which includes disciplinary actions up to and including separation of employment.