EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, RESIDENTIAL PORTFOLIO
Job Summary: Redstone's Executive Director of Property Management leads all operations for the Residential (non-affiliate) housing properties. The position requires an outgoing, compassionate, enthusiastic, and experienced professional capable of leading the team in their support of residents and management of physical property assets. The role serves as a senior point of contact for escalated resident support and physical plant issues. The Director will have experience or attain capabilities in interacting with a diverse tenant base; financial management; maintenance and asset management; ensuring the optimum operational and financial performance of the properties including management of personnel, leasing, collections, resident services, maintenance, revenue enhancing and other capital improvements, contracted services, administration, reporting and safety and legal compliance.
Reports to: Owner, CFO
Supervises: Director of Residential Assets & Organizational Safety/Compliance, Director of Leasing & Marketing, Maintenance Manager
Wage Status: Salaried, exempt
Leasing & Marketing:
- In coordination with CFO, plan and implement leasing and marketing strategies to ensure properties efficiently and effectively meet annual goal of near 100% occupancy
- Oversee administration of all leasing procedures and application processes, including efficiently utilizing online software tools to support electronic application processes, and making recommendations for improvement of processes as needed
- Exhibit knowledge of specific property utility information, building amenities, and parking, pet, and other community policies
- Provide Redstone management and building owners with reporting related to leasing efforts
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Oversee advertising and marketing efforts for Redstone managed residential properties
Resident Support & Retention Efforts:
- Expected to lead team in delivering unparalleled customer service, creating a strong sense of community for all residents
- Use CRM and/or other communication tools to ensure that resident concerns and requests are addressed on a timely basis and in a professional manner to ensure resident satisfaction with management
- Review drafts and distribution of resident communications, effectively utilizing a range of mediums to convey company and community information to residents in a timely fashion
- Exhibit consistent implementation of policies of the community, as directed and as outlined in the lease agreement
- Ensure proper management of apartment entry and door access technology, supervising maintenance team to address all key and lock request
- Ensure lease and other legal agreement obligations are met including issuance of lease violations, vacate notices and eviction processing
- Plan and organize daily office procedures for residential support teams, including ensuring consistency with company-wide systems and standards
- Ensure that all maintenance service requests are communicated appropriately to maintenance team, and that access needs for maintenance team and service vendors are coordinated effectively
- Maintain appearance of property and ensure repairs are noted and completed in a timely basis
- Oversee team management of apartment turnovers, facilitating seamless move-in/out experience for residents, collaborating with maintenance team and vendors, and completing all security deposit accounting in a timely manner
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules including OSHA.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner
- Ensure timely completion of and/or compliance with annual/periodic inspections by code enforcement officials including minimum housing, certificates of fitness/compliance, other
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, onboard, and train new team members
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments in a hybrid workspace
- Hold regular team and direct report meetings to provide guidance and coaching to team members
- Document performance problems appropriately
- Provide support to staff to encourage teamwork and lead as an example in creating an exemplary work environment
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals and operate assets in owners’ best interest
- Ensure effective financial management of rent and fees collection and work order billing
- Troubleshoot tenant billing/payment errors and discrepancies and work with Redstone finance team colleagues on billing/payment corrections
Essential Job Functions:
We are one Redstone! Our team works collaboratively and proactively to deliver exemplary customer service in support of our service standards: Safety, Courtesy, Inclusivity, Efficiency, and Price of Place. Redstone is looking for a candidate that consistently exhibits a professional communication style, positive attitude, the ability to pivot quickly, and is resourceful. This essential role on our team must demonstrate critical thinking and make timely recommendations for essential improvements. As a member of Redstone’s leadership team the position works closely with peers on strategic planning and other company-wide initiatives that support the overall development of the organization. Exemplary communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas and goals to a diverse group of personalities in a respectful way and be a champion of company-wide procedures and processes, is essential. Our preferred candidate will hold a college degree, be able to adapt to the changing needs of projects, promote team values, and exhibit self- direction.
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
- Work requires frequently traveling to properties in assigned area
- College degree preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 8-10 years of property management, operations or similar experience.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas and goals to a diverse group of team members.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification within 90 days of date of hire, acquire lead paint certification.
- Has knowledge of or will learn basic understanding of section 8 and housing programs for inclusionary units in Burlington.