Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization that is leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
About the Role:
The VP, Clinical Operations leads and works collaboratively with all members of the operational and clinical team to plan and implement strategies, goals, policies, programs and processes to deliver coordinated, patient-centered care and services. The VPCO will be responsible for maintaining consistent, safe and effective nursing practices and the oversight of the overall clinical practices in accordance with policies, standards of nursing practices and regulatory requirements. The VPCO will establish processes that are outcome focused as to maintain the highest possible level of care and services for each patient, while achieving Contessa’s business objectives.
- Accountable for ensuring the highest quality care and services are provided to participants and caregivers using a collaborative team approach. Ensures care and services are reliable, consistent and coordinated.
- Responsible for clinical operations across all Joint Ventures including the supervision of Clinical Operations Directors and Learning & Development Director.
- Responsible for the development, planning and implementation of clinical operations for new JV partners.
- Responsible for supervision and implementation of training for clinical and clinical support staff to include new hire and annual/ongoing training system-wide.
- Responsible for tracking market analyses and trends regarding HRC patient enrollment and clinical outcomes and implementing strategies to positively impact.
- Establish and implement a standardized approach to clinical operations. Initiates innovative improvement to care and services.
- Collaborate with Operations RVPs to ensure consistency in market adoption of clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the Corporate Medical Director to drive provider engagement, program adoption and advancement of the HRC model in all markets
- As requested, participate in the development and presentation of materials pertaining to business development and new market development
- Continually focuses on improvement opportunities to meet the changing demands of a growing company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN degree required; Master's degree in Nursing, business or health related field preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience leading multi-market teams in clinical operations required
- 5+ years of team management experience required
- Demonstrated track record of driving excellent performance and results in clinical operations
- Solid business skills with experience working with both clinical and non-clinical leaders and staff in advancing company goals.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Will require approximately 50% travel
- Extensive clinical competence in case management principles.
- Experience leading more than one clinical market
- Position is based in Nashville, TN office
- Strategic and operational agility
- Collaborative Team-builder – gets work done through others.
- Proven Change Leadership
- Mission-centered/Values driven
- Continuous Improvement/Innovative
- Critical Thinking/Decision Making
- Process/Outcomes oriented
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by leadership. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance, and great opportunities for career growth.