The WITF newsroom intern will be a contributing member of the WITF journalism team, including but not limited to:
- Producing newsfeeds and features for radio and online, including
- Reporting in the field with audio and potentially video equipment
- Taping phone interviews
- Filing voicers based on breaking news or news releases
- Producing digital-specific material (for example, Instagram reels) to accompany stories or to serve as a story.
- Pitching, writing, and producing stories for broadcast
- Pitching, writing, and producing stories for web
- Other duties as assigned
The newsroom intern will work closely with editors and with other members of the news staff and other departments when applicable.
To apply, you are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and writing samples for consideration. The deadline for applying is March 30, 2024.
Interns at WITF should be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed their first year of study. WITF’s internship program is a hands-on, education program that is meant to provide students with on-the-job learning opportunities.
You will need your own transportation and be located in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area for reporting purposes during this internship.