The Business Operations Manager provides general administrative and fiscal support to the daily business operations of the Prospect Park Tennis Center including management of accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position supervises Front Desk operations including the Front Desk Representatives and reports directly to the Assistant Director, Tennis Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
- Collect, track and deposit income and receipts generated by all of the Center’s activities including, but not limited to, Junior Development, seasonal court time, tennis lesson/pro fees, leagues, tournaments, gift certificates as well as general court time
- Recruit, train, and supervise Prospect Park Tennis Center Front Desk Representatives, ensuring excellent customer service, efficient operations and accuracy of cash management and data entry
- Manage and create work schedules for Front Desk staff and ensure coverage for all shifts
- Approve time cards for Front Desk staff in a timely manner and liaise with payroll on any payroll related issues
- Provide administrative backup support to Tennis Center staff with regard to filing and answering phones, as needed
- Review daily cash forms for accuracy and generate income and expense reports as needed and requested
- Prepare daily and weekly income sheets and summarize for input onto Alliance receipt forms
- Prepare accurate cash deposits and transport receipts to the bank as needed
- Manage Tennis Center’s petty cash fund and maintain documentation for disbursement and reimbursement
- Prepare all purchase orders for the Tennis Center and oversee the ordering and procurement by obtaining all required proposals, estimates and quotes
- Manage requests for payments and process payment of bills and invoices and ensure timely collection of all required packing slips, delivery receipts, bills and invoices
- Generate client invoices based on their respective contracts and terms of payment
- Manage and follow-up on delinquent accounts; update and maintain accurate documentation about communications around delinquent accounts
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce accounts receivable delinquency and days sales outstanding
- Partner with PPA’s Finance department to conduct regular inventory counts as requested and collaborate with the Assistant Director to ensure systems for merchandise inventory control and purchasing are effective
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in business management or relevant area, preferred but not required
- Three to five (3 - 5) years’ experience in business management, accounting or bookkeeping for a commercial business in the athletic, fitness, recreation, sports or retail industry
- Experience supervising a team in a fast-paced environment
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Finance & Accounting: Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and practices, accounts payable/accounts receivable principles, practices and procedures. Finance and accounting skills.
Inventory Control: Knowledge of inventory control procedures; by tracking and maintaining current inventory, assess inventory reports and order patterns to identify items for automatic delivery, provides inventory reports, develops and maintains good working relationships with vendors. May manage and maintains inventory system; facilitates upgrades to related database and/or software.
Results & Impact Focus: Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and highly motivated to consistently produce high quality work and achieve desired outcomes and results.
Organization & Accountability: Meticulously well-organized with diligent attention to detail, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and takes pride in consistently producing accurate, timely and quality work products with minimal supervision.
Communication Skills: Ability to convey concepts and make presentations in a clear, culturally competent and understandable manner. Demonstrates effective listening skills and openness to other people’s ideas and suggestions.
Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
Customer Service: Exhibits a strong commitment to delivering excellent and responsive service to internal and external customers.
Technology: Proficient with automated technologies that support area of responsibility including G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is normally performed in an interior office setting which does not typically subject the employee to any hazardous or unusual elements. However, because the office is based on the grounds of a Tennis Center, there may be exposure to significant amounts of dust or dirt
- Requires routine physical movements with limited physical exertion and use of a desktop, laptop, or video display terminal
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand information through oral and written communication and proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
COMPENSATION + BENEFITS
- Job Grade: 5 (Specialist + Project Managers)
- Salary/Salary Range: $62,400
- Work Hours: 35 - 40 hours per week, minimum\
- FLSA Status: Exempt
*Pay offered is based on a number of factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience
- The Alliance offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Supplemental Options: AFLAC, Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA + Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance
- 403b Contributions + 2% Employer Contributions
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.