FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Sales Administrator engages and acts as a subject matter expert in support of the sales process, assisting the sales team with problem resolution and efficient operations. The Sales Administrator will handle order management from purchase order to invoicing, communicating with external and internal customers, maintaining customer databases, and providing general administrative support to the sales team.
- Maintains all aspects of customer orders within the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment (order entry, order confirmation, product allocation, picking and expediting as necessary).
- Provides guidance on all processes for the sales support team, acting as first point of reference for any business queries they may have.
- Evaluates and ensures that all submitted orders have proper documentation including commercial, law enforcement, and Federal agency requirements for Title 2 and National Firearms Act items.
- Partners with compliance to ensure proper customer documentation is acquired for all firearm sales.
- Maintains accuracy for customer purchase orders ship dates and pricing, including promotions and special offers.
- Communicates daily with external customers, warehouses, and District/Regional Sales Managers regarding sales order status, availability, pricing, shipping, and missing items.
- Manages and resolves any issues with warehouses regarding inventory, shipping, and order pick transfer.
- Communicates and coordinates with production control, procurement, and shipping to ensure logistic and inventory transactions are completed.
- Manages allocations and backlog processes.
- Maintains and updates price lists for various customer groups and divisions.
- Coordinates with finance to ensure accuracy of invoicing and resolves order and billing issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides guidance regarding complex issues for invoicing and multi-party transactions.
- Resolves customer order and billing issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Focuses on continuous improvement and efficiency within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business required.
Three plus years of inside sales experience required.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and SAP.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills and proven ability to maintain high customer service levels.
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, etc.
- The ability to perform with a minimal supervision.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522.
We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.