Founded in 1998, Chmura Economics & Analytics is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip with a regional office in Cleveland, Ohio. Chmura provides labor market software (JobsEQ), consulting, and data so you can make informed decisions that grow your community or organization. Our Ph.D. economists, data scientists, and strategic planners are your guide to the labor market. Chmura understands that good data are the backbone of critical thinking. We are committed to delivering the highest quality products and services to each and every client. Our vision is to be the nation's preferred provider of economic research, software, and data solutions.
Chmura is on a growth journey with a top-shelf SaaS product and unparalleled consulting services.
We’re looking for a driven and talented communication professional to help us raise the bar on our public relations and marketing efforts. This PR and Communications Manager role is an opportunity to make an outsized impact generating engaging content across social, web, and earned media. We’re a small team, so you’ll collaborate with economists, data scientists, product developers, and account executives to understand our customers, and help us reach new and growing audiences with compelling copy and messages.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communication to draft and execute owned and earned media plans. You’ll lead the development of a PR infrastructure from the ground up.
- Copy writing! Press releases, blogs, emails, social media, web copy, etc. You’ll take the lead on copy for many of our internal and external projects.
- Collaborate with our sales and product teams, strategize campaigns and ad hoc initiatives, and report on performance.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience planning, launching, and managing multichannel campaigns
- A portfolio or examples of your work demonstrating your skills across channels
- 4-6 years of experience in public relations or marketing
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Professional experience in SaaS, economics, or any of our key verticals
- Experience Meltwater/Cision, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Hubspot automation experience
Chmura is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
We back our colleagues with the following benefits/programs:
- Competitive base salaries
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life Insurance and Disability Insurance benefits, 100% of premium paid by Chmura
- Parking and Transit Program
- Up to a 4% Company Match on retirement savings plan
- Paid parental leave for expecting parents, regardless of gender, offered for pregnancy, adoption or surrogacy
- Free and confidential support for counseling, personal and work-related issues through our employer-sponsored service with Cigna (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Chmura is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Chmura promotes a drug-free workplace. Chmura will consider for employment, qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, following applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.