- Design House seeks an Assoc. Product Manager to play a pivotal role in our growing bath furniture product line. This position is responsible for the identification of product trends, competitive analysis, customer feedback, SKU rationalization, new product development, product strategy, and inventory planning. A key part of this position is to work closely with sales and production teams to manage our fully assembled bath cabinet program. Additionally, the position will work with many cross functional teams to bridge the gap between category objectives and technical execution of programs for both short-term success and long-term opportunities.
Essential duties & Responsibilities
50% Manage Fully Assembled Cabinet Program
- Lead overall business strategy for bath furniture, including in-house, fully assembled cabinet line.
- Drive growth and develop resources for our bath furniture collections.
- Work with cross functional teams to improve operational aspects of fully assembled bath furniture programs.
- Manage existing product line to maximize margin and meet organization’s financial goals.
- Provide all product content and placement data needed for sales and marketing actions and successful product launches.
- Work with customer experience team to assist with consumer inquiries and problem solving.
- Provide product training and support for internal team, sales reps, and customers.
- Provide insights on inventory and product forecasting to the buyer/planners and internal production teams.
30% Product Management/New Product Development
- Manage the complete lifecycle of product development, from ideation to discontinuation.
- Undertake market research to understand competitors, products, and pricing.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to develop integrated marketing plans.
- Support sales team to drive sales across all channels, including E-Commerce.
- Collaborate with Design House’s sourcing team and suppliers to launch new products and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop financials to support new product introductions.
20% Inventory Management and Other Responsibilities
- Analyze and understand inventory levels, sales data, demand forecasts, and historical trends to develop insights into inventory performance and make data-driven recommendations.
- Analyze inventory and production data, generate performance reports, and present findings to stakeholders for informed decision-making.
- Identify slow-moving or obsolete inventory and develop strategies to minimize financial impact through markdowns, promotions, or other means.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Finance.
- Experience at a cabinet manufacturer and knowledge of bath cabinetry or similar products preferred.
- At least two years of new product development, marketing, or engineering experience.
- Knowledge of international sourcing preferred.
- Business acumen and analytical capabilities to analyze, interpret, and evaluate data to make effective decisions and implement problem-solving strategies.
- Internal motivation and personal organization.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- High level of accountability.
- Ability to travel 10% of time, including at least one international trip per year.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills needed to effectively convey complex concepts and results to non-technical stakeholders.
- Proficient in advanced Excel skills. Strong data driven, problem solving skills are also important. Experience working in NetSuite a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the office and warehouse conditions prevalent at the time in terms of temperature/weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.