Manager of the Customer Success Team
Chief Customer Officer
Customer Success Team, Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance
Mission & Vision
We transform the entire vehicle buying and ownership experience by harnessing the full potential of AI-powered digital engagement technology. Impel’s fully integrated platform leverages the industry’s most powerful Large Language Models (LLMs) and generative AI to enable vehicle retailers of all types and sizes to engage, educate, and influence consumers at every touchpoint in the customer lifecycle.
The Manager of the Customer Success Team will work with team members to ensure our company’s retention goals are met and we are creating meaningful, lasting relationships with our customers by delivering value at every interaction. They will mentor their team members through weekly 1:1’s, daily coaching sessions, skill development, and monthly professional growth plans. They must be passionate about helping both our customers and employees succeed and grow. This role reports to the Chief Customer Officer and requires close collaboration with other functions and stakeholders from our Sales, Marketing, Product, Support, and Finance teams.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
- Drive adoption, retention, and advocacy of our customers
- Coach, develop and motivate a team of CSM’s by providing guidance, structure, and accountability
- Find ways for CSMs to deeply understand customer’s objectives, demonstrate ROI, and become trusted advisors
- Handle customer escalation meetings and oversee all churn risk and winback efforts for their team’s book of business
- Work closely with sales management and peers across the company to ensure alignment and optimal efficiency between teams
- Identify opportunities for your team to expand revenue potential within existing accounts and develop product solutions that address existing gaps within the accounts
- Ensure adoption of key processes in Gainsight including Playbooks, Success Plans, Customer Health and Risks.
- Teach CSMs to build relationships, deliver value, extend empathy, and resolve issues
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our products, value propositions, and processes in order to support our business and the CSMs
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in Sales, Marketing, Product, and Finance to solve business problems
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
- 3+ years of experience managing CS teams
- Proven track record leading a successful team in a growth-oriented environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading by example and developing successful customer success managers through enthusiastic leadership, direct feedback, and motivational skills
- An empathic leader with a desire to build a world-class CS organization; includes attracting, developing and retaining best in class talent
- Strong process orientation, with a growth mindset to execute processes and programs; SalesForce and Gainsight experience is a plus
- Strong perspective rooted in professional experience, paired with a willingness to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach
- Curiosity and willingness to experiment, fail fast, learn, and adapt; the flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it
- Deep understanding of value drivers in SaaS
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Travel up to 40%