U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
Reporting into the General Counsel, the Counsel will support the Federation in managing the legal affairs of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc.
- Representing U.S. Soccer in its contract negotiations, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating event agreements, sponsorships, licenses, media, consulting agreements, master services agreements, and the like.
- Supporting the business units in legal matters in support of all aspects of competition including WC’26 and WWC ‘27.
- Supporting General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer on a variety of legal matters including litigation support, governance, membership, and compliance
- Guiding, counseling, and supporting the work of junior colleagues (e.g., paralegals and interns).
- Juris Doctorate degree.
- Minimum two to five years’ experience working as an attorney; preferably with some private firm experience.
- Experience with transactional legal work in commercial transactions.
- Experience with contract negotiation preferred
- Ability to work independently, while coordinating and communicating with other members of the legal/compliance team throughout the process
- Exercises initiative and independent judgment; self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team player
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers in a small department
- Clear understanding of the delineation of responsibilities between an attorney and a paralegal
- Maintain confidentiality in work performed
- Ability to manage multiple, co-current tasks
- High-level of attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite as it relates to legal documents (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
U.S Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.