Product and Engineering Departments
Mission & Vision
We transform how vehicle sellers engage, educate, and interact with shoppers across the entire customer journey, by harnessing the power of digital technology and data. We deliver the world’s most engaging customer experiences for vehicle sellers of every type and size.
Impel’s team of nearly 60+ software engineers and data scientists produces multiple web and mobile applications driven by AI and used by thousands of customers and millions of website visitors worldwide. Due to rapid growth, we’re placing an increased emphasis on software quality and testing. Join our team as one of our first dedicated test automation engineers, where you’ll define best practices, manage testing infrastructure, write and execute automated tests, and collaborate with engineers, product managers and manual testers to deliver highly reliable software.
Relationships – We are dedicated to transparency, open communication and building trust that lasts beyond a transaction.
Grit – We approach every activity and opportunity with tenacity and tireless execution.
Results – We achieve success for our partners and take personal accountability for everything we do.
Energy – We never settle, we constantly seek out new ideas with ambition and enthusiasm.
Inventiveness – We lead with curiosity, which drives us towards continuous learning and innovation.
Passion – We share an entrepreneurial spirit that inspires us to go above and beyond everything we do.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Define best practices for writing and executing automated tests
- Collaborate with software engineers to meet their testing needs for web and mobile applications
- Maintain and enhance testing infrastructure and tools, such as GitHub Actions and CI/CD pipelines
- Create, maintain and execute tests to improve Impel’s test coverage
- Collaborate with manual testers who test features that can’t be automated
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or a related field
- At least one prior professional role as a software engineer.
- Strong proficiency with Python.
- Experience with UI automation tools, such as Selenium.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as pytest.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Comfortable with the Linux command line and Git
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with engineers and product managers
- Attention to detail
- Maintains confidentiality of work-related issues, records, and company information.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Diversity, Equity and inclusion by treating everyone with respect and dignity, ensuring all voices are heard and advocating change.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with AWS, especially EC2, S3, RDS and DynamoDB.
- Experience with CI/CD and automation pipelines such as Jenkins or Gitlabs.