Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing Employee-Owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Primary purpose: Lead the collection and documentation of software requirements working with management, technical staff, and clients. Collaborate with the development team through design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to project-specific requirements, confirming alignment with the product roadmap and correct prioritization. Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, ranging from internal customers to end users
- Facilitates discussions to gather and prioritize requirements with stakeholders
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements through the software development lifecycle, enforcing those requirements or redefining, as necessary
- Partners with the Scrum Master to facilitate scrum activities including backlog grooming, sprint planning, and story pointing of tickets
- Propagates awareness around deliverables and key milestone dates related to the success of the project
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modification of business requirements—verbally and through written documentation—to project and technical leads, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Creates a shared understanding of goals and requirements of software
- Analyzes industry trends, and best practices to ensure processes are efficient, scalable, and repeatable
- Partners with Product Manager to communicate project-specific requirements to ensure alignment with the overall product roadmap
- Assist with on-going implementation and improvement of product quality initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years with a Master’s degree
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst or similar role in software development projects
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze complex business needs and translate them into actionable requirements
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum practices
- Proficiency in requirement management and documentation tools
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with software development lifecycle management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of product management principles and practices
- Ability to adapt to changing project priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP), Certified Professional for Requirements Engineering (CPRE), or other Business Analysis Certification
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual company meeting, held as conditions allow.
- L Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.