Woodruff is looking for a proactive and decisive PRODUCTION AND PACKAGING COORDINATOR to assist with digital and offset print production, flexographic packaging production, packaging coordination, photography, and video and broadcast production. This position is responsible for working with the production and packaging manager and outside vendors to deliver projects on time and within budget. The coordinator will work closely with all departments within the agency. They will seek and maintain relationships with a variety of outside vendors in order to obtain the best price, quality and delivery options for all agency projects.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative and forward-thinking, a self-starter with a strong desire to grow and learn alongside a group of fun, talented people who enjoy finding unexpected solutions that deliver extraordinary outcomes for their clients.
This person could work out of the Kansas City, MO, Columbia, MO or Minneapolis, MN office.
- Manages daily workflow on a multitude of production projects.
- Participates in kickoff and internal review meetings.
- Participates in weekly status meetings with project teams.
- Proactively communicates known issues with supervisor.
- Follows up with vendors to ensure quoted delivery dates will be met.
- Ideally, obtains 2-3 competitive quotes on every outside buy from a range of quality vendors.
- Oversees deliveries and coordinates delivery schedules with team. Checks and signs off on vendor deliveries.
- Maintains open communication with production and packaging manager, project managers, studio manager, and creative personnel.
- Enters purchase order and invoice information in C&P for all outside buys for client projects.
- Reviews work performed by suppliers (printers, photographers, etc.).
- Maintains good relations with all production suppliers.
- Maintains a variety of references for suppliers of various products and services, with knowledge of quality, price and turnaround.
- Works with teams to develop production timelines.
- Reviews courier bills and expenses, assigning billing to relevant job number.
- Works directly with creative department to ensure the highest quality results on every job.
Packaging and Print Production
- Assists production and packaging manager on managing the packaging database for ongoing packaging changes.
- Reviews, routes and posts on-order packaging
- Works directly with studio to review and check production specifications.
- Works with production and packaging manager to review and approve packaging templates.
- Ensures all artwork is proofread prior to printing or publication.
- Reviews all (new and old) packaging and print production projects to ensure designs are printable, color separations are set up correctly and there is consistency across the brand.
- Reviews publication resizes per approved media plans and ensures delivery to media buyer by deadline when necessary.
- Works with production and packaging manager to assign ISCI codes; manages talent and usage fees for audio and broadcast production projects.
- Must possess computer skills related to production department daily functions
- Demonstrate attention to detail, a strong sense of personal accountability, strong work ethic, strategic/critical thinking and creative abilities
- Have a passion for the production industry, striving to continually learn new skills and stay up-to-date on new tools and trends
- Understand the Woodruff brand and help champion the brand through behaviors, communications and public relations efforts
- Become fully familiar with products, services and markets in which assigned clients operate, in order to efficiently and effectively fulfill the clients’ production needs
- Work collaboratively with multiple agency disciplines to develop and deliver results for clients
How leaders act on a daily basis as they seek to implement the company’s vision and strategic priorities, strive to fulfill the brand promise and live up to the value. Everyone can be a leader.
- Open-minded and active listener
- Continually grows people and business
- Truthful and transparent
- Decisive and accountable
- Forward thinking
- Proactive and communicates in a positive manner
- Bachelor’s degree (graphic arts technology/management or related degree)
- 1-3 years working in print and/or packaging production
- Printing experience and experience with consumer packaged goods preferred