$500 SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED!
The position documents verbatim all information conveyed by the patient throughout the examination and assists and directs day to day delivery of health care and patient care management. This position reports directly to the Nurse Supervisor; and receives supervision from the following: Physicians, Medical Providers, Registered Nurses, and the Practice Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for documenting the practice’s medical records and all information conveyed by the patient throughout the examination verbatim.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room. Takes patient’s history (HPI), determines chief complaint, verifies their medical and surgical histories, current medications, etc., and takes vital signs if applicable.
• Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information and follows HIPAA regulations.
• Verifies patients’ insurance and accurately enters the patient’s information into the NexTech database.
• Reports to Practice Administrator for administrative duties and to the Nurse Supervisor for clinical duties.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reports changes as needed.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
• Communicates with patients, internal as well as external customers, in a courteous, professional, cooperative & mature manner.
• Prior to surgery, reviews and completes required surgical documents prior to appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol.
• Prior to patient visit, confers with Medical Provider regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders.
• Responds to patient communications. Contacts patients regarding test results and schedules further surgical treatment(s).
• Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms daily.
• Cleans and sterilizes all necessary instruments.
• Prior to treatment, ensures that all proper consents have been reviewed, initialed, signed and dated by the patient.
• Gives injections, assists with examinations and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care services as directed by the Medical Providers.
• Performs suture removals as directed by the Medical Providers.
• Verifies that all assigned telephone encounters have been attended to daily.
• Upon Medical Providers orders, ensures that the delivery/transmittal of prescriptions is being completed and responds to medication requests per practice protocol.
• Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
• Verifies all patient/specimen information corresponds with tissue specimen(s). Records tissue specimen(s) and enters them into log.
• Triages and responds to patient communications per practice policy.
• Assists with scheduling tests and treatments, and processing referrals to other providers.
• Responsible for abiding by the Standards of Conduct and meets all compliance training requirements.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Effectively uses EMR system to document patient records using proper English grammar, spelling, and syntax.
• Creates, maintains, copies and files patient encounters, records and other information as needed.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Communicates with team members in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
• Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
• Participates in special projects as needed.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other essential duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of medical practice and care.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
• Ability to assist in a variety of common office procedures.
• Ability to take vital signs if applicable.
• Ability to develop and maintain clinical quality assurance.
• Skills in identifying and resolving problems.
• Ability to maintain records and record test results.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to multi-task (high paced work environment).
• Ability to adapt daily to numerous changes in scheduling procedures.
• Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, co-workers and the public.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
• The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and analytical and intuitive skills.
• Dedicated to follow-thru and results.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic and medical terminology.
• Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard (30 WPM minimum) and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience with and ability to proficiently use the NexTech program preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Current Medical Assistant Certification required.
• One year medical experience in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred; will train a highly-motivated new graduate.
• Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch.
• Have full range of body motion, including handling and lifting of patients.
• Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and medical equipment.
• Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; specific vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
• Relocate to other jobs or office locations.
• Maintain professional certification if applicable.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• 40 hours a week.
• Work at other jobs or office locations, as required.
• Night or weekend work required dependent on position.
• Occasional travel may be required.